Chapter 01

Chapter one

I logged in on Facebook and saw I had seventeen messages. All hate messages of course, I’m a hated person. Everyone hates me; people at school, teachers, my father, my family, everyone. I don’t have friends. I’m a loner. I’m at sixteen years old still a wanna be rock star band kid and people don’t like that.

People think I’m ugly, they’re right though. Actually they’re always right and have the right to hate me. I hate myself too. I’m ugly, worthless and fat.

Summer holidays are over today, meaning I have to go to school again. Great, I think, that already started great today.

I dressed myself, did my hair and applied some eyeliner around me eyes. I packed my bag for this day, took my notebook and keys and rushed downstairs.

My dad lay next to the couch, in a puddle of his own vomit.

This picture didn’t scare me anymore. My dad is alcoholic. He drinks way too much and I’m the one who takes the disadvantage from it. I have to clean up the house every time he vomits; I have to be the one who gets beaten up because he gets angry really quickly when he’s drunk. And I just take it. I’m a coward.

Weak.

I cleaned up the living room and the couch. When I looked at the clock again, I saw school nearly started. I ran to school and I was just in time; the bell rang at the moment I stepped inside of the building.

It smelled like school.

I hated this smell.

“Hey fagboy, I missed you!” A familiar voice yelled. I turned around to see Travis standing there. I hate him so much. I ignored him and walked to my classroom. I had a new class this year.

I stepped into the classroom and took a seat at the back.

I watched the people walking in. The bitches: Kina, Scout and Juliet were in my class this year. Great, I thought, again. The guys walked in; Dan, Chris and Travis. They were in my class too. Great.

This year is going to be a hell, I thought. Until suddenly a person walked in.

God, he was so handsome. He had pale skin, black hair and bright blue eyes. From what I could see he wore eyeliner too. He wore a KISS tank top and ripped up skinny jeans. He had the same boots as I had.

“Hello gorgeous!” Juliet squealed.

The eyes of the boy scanned the classroom and froze at me.

Great, he thinks I’m ugly too.

Juliet walked over to the boy, “hey there, what’s your name?”

“Andy.” The boy said. He had a deep-ish voice and god that sounded so sexy.

“Do you want to sit next to me?” Kina asked. “Or next to me?” Scout asked. “Or me?” Juliet asked, but the Andy boy just shrugged. “Nah, I think I’ll go sit there,” he said and pointed at the seat next to me.

My heart started ramming in my chest. “Next to fagboy?” Juliet asked. Andy shrugged, “he seems like a cool person.

“He isn’t,” Juliet started. Oh great, she’ll talk crap about me again and then he’ll hate me. “He listens to satanic music and he wars fucking make up!” she said. “So do I.” Andy said and shrugged. “Yeah, but you’re handsome, he totally isn’t.” Juliet said.

And thanks Juliet, for making me look like a fool again.

I just stared our of the window and swallowed back tears. I didn’t want to hear them talking anymore.

I heard those girls squeal about Andy’s looks and about how handsome he was and I heard them laugh when they called my name and I didn’t look up.

“Take all a seat.” Mr Shaster had appeared and stood in front of the class.

I heard people talk and shuffle. They all took a seat.

I didn’t even consider looking next to me. I sat alone, again. I just kept staring out of the window.

“Hey,” his voice made me jump.

I turned around and faced his perfect face. “Hi,” I mumbled. What was he doing here? He wasn’t supposed to sit here; he should sit next to one of those bitches.

No, wait. They probably sent him here so he could hear me out and they could make fun of me again.

“Is it okay with you if I’m going to sit here?” he asked. I nodded, “sure.”

“Really?”

I just nodded absently. “Are you okay?” Andy asked. “I’m fine.” I lied. I wanted to go away from here. Or I wanted him to go away.

Damn, how did he do that?

The first second he stepped into the classroom, he was already popular. He didn’t even say anything. And then; he had exactly the same looks as I and listened to the same kind of music. He was popular and I was the most hated person of the whole school. Yeah of course it was logical; he was handsome and I totally wasn’t, but still.

When I looked up again, I saw Juliet and Scout had taken the seats in front of us.

I swallowed hard.

“But Andy?” Juliet asked. “Hm?” he was studying my face. He was making me nervous. “How old are you?” she asked. “Sixteen.” He answered. Juliet sighed, “Perfect.”

“Hey Andy?” she asked again.

“Hm?”

“Next week we got a prom, to ring in the new school year,” she started. “Do you want to go with me?” Andy shrugged, “I don’t know…” “Please?” she asked. “I’ll think about it.” He said and sighed. It didn’t seem like he wanted to go with her. ‘

Mr Shaster started talking, “This year you all have to do a special project. Because you all chose music as extra subject, you all have to write your own song. It can be about love, it can be about religion, but it’s not allowed to be a depression song.” Mr Shaster said and looked at me.

I was known as the depressed kid. “And no satanic crap because we’re a religious school.” He said, making sure to look at me again.  I just wanted to curl up and die.