Chapter twenty three

That morning I woke up with a shitty feeling. Today was the day from the prom. I sighed and sat up. Andy sat up too. “Morning baby” he said. “Morning” I whispered back. I’d woken up three seconds ago and I was already half crying. “Baby” Andy said and wrapped his arm around me. I just lay my head down on his shoulder carefully and sobbed. Andy held my sobbing, shuddering frame. “Shh…” Andy whispered and started kissing my tears away. “What’s going on sweetie?” Andy asked softly. “I-I’m sorry” I whispered. “It doesn’t matter sweetie” he said and kissed my forehead. When I calmed down some, Andy took a shower. I just sat there, hugging my knees against my chest, my eyes watering. I felt so worthless.

When Andy had taken a shower I stood up to directly crack through my legs again. I fell half on the bed. “Baby!” Andy said shocked and ran over to me. He laid me down on the bed and sat down next to me, his cold hand on my forehead. “Baby” he whispered, “you’re burning up” he said worried and he pulled the blanket over me again. “You need to rest baby” Andy whispered and kissed my forehead. My head hurt. “I-I’m cold Andy” I whispered, half crying again which caused my head to hurt only more. “Shh… I’ll get you an aspirin and an extra blanket, okay?” Andy said softly. I tried to nod but it hurt too much. Andy disappeared through the door.

Andy came back with his mother. She once worked in the hospital, so she knew a lot. “I really hope he doesn’t have the flu” Andy said sadly. “I hope also he doesn’t have, the flu really sucks” Andy’s mum said. Then they walked over to me. “Hey Ashley” she said softly. “Hi” I whispered back in a small, almost unintelligible voice. “Shh” Andy’s mum said and laid her hand down at my forehead, as Andy had done a few minutes earlier. “To be honest I think you’re overstressed…” Andy’s mum said. I sighed, fuck. “Oh baby” Andy said and sat down next to where I lay. He took my hand in his. His hand was warm and soft. It felt so fragile. Andy’s phone buzzed.

He opened the message and a little smile formed on his face. “What’s it?” I whispered. “Today’s cancelled. The school is making everything okay for the prom, so there are no classes” Andy smiled. I just nodded, I was tired. “Go sleep baby” Andy whispered and kissed my forehead. I drifted off to sleep again.

That afternoon I woke up again, at one pm, feeling lots better. I went downstairs to find Andy and his mum talking on the couch. “I know everything has changed, Andy sweetheart, but you can’t go back to your old school…” Andy’s mum whispered and caressed the side of Andy’s face. He was crying. “B-but I miss my friends” he whispered. “I know that sweetie, I know that” Andy’s mum whispered.

Suddenly I felt so guilty. I caused so much trouble. The only thing I’m good at is giving problems. I’m so worthless. I’m not good for anything besides fucking things up.

I made my way upstairs again. There I took a piece of paper and started writing.

Dear Andy,

I’m so sorry for ruining and messing up your life…

I’m really sorry.

Tears started to well up in my eyes again, making my vision blurry.

Please don’t hate me…

Love, Ashley

I decided to text CC then. Can I talk with you? – Ash

I got a message back, Sure, shall we meet at the Starbucks? X CC

I texted back that that was okay and then lay the letter down at Andy’s pillow. I carefully made my way downstairs and sneaked out to the Starbucks to meet CC.

When CC saw me at the Starbucks he directly ran over to me and hugged me tight. “Are you okay buddy?” he asked. I couldn’t help but tears started falling down my face. CC just held me tight. We decided to order a coffee at the Starbucks and then we sat down somewhere outside. “What’s making you so upset?” CC asked softly. “I-I don’t know” I sobbed, “I-I feel like I’ve ruined Andy’s life and I caused so much trouble and-and I’m not good for anything” I whispered as I started to shake. “You are Ashley, believe me, and you didn’t fuck up Andy’s life, you’re his boyfriend, the way he looks at you, Ashley, he really cares about you and he really does love you” CC said.

We talked for a bit longer and then we both went home again. When I came home Andy directly ran over to me and hugged me tight. “Where were you? I was so worried baby and I can’t hate you sweetie, you didn’t ruin my life baby” he whispered softly in my ear. Tears welled up in my eyes again but I was sick of crying. So I swallowed my tears away. Andy took me upstairs and there we cuddled on the bed.

I looked on the clock; five pm. “Shit baby we’ve got to get ready for the prom” I said. 

A/N: 

two more chapters till this story is finished :)