Chapter 03

Chapter three

I looked through my lyrics. Nothing useful for the project. I’m so stupid; I want to be a rock star, yet I can’t write lyrics. I want to be in a band, yet I have no band mates or at least any friends who could be in my band.

These words are burning inside me, spent years in liquid harmony. This dream is who I wanna be.

I wrote the words down and then the bell rang.

I put my notebook in my bad and swung it over my shoulder on my way to the next and last lesson for today; math.

I walked to the classroom and took a seat at the back off the room. In the corner at the right side.

I pulled my notebook out of my bag and opened it.  I wrote further on my lyrics.

I grew from those who hate me, stand fast to a razorblade symphony. Cigarettes and lyrics made me.

I don’t smoke,  but a lot of my heroes smoke. So why shouldn’t I use it in my lyrics?

I looked into the classroom; no Juliet, Kina or Scout. No Travis, Dan or Chris.

Thank god, I thought.

“Hey,” his perfect voice made me jump. I quickly turned around.

For how long had he been standing behind me?

I quickly closed my notebook.

“Can I sit here?” He asked shyly.

I nodded, “sure.”

“What were you writing?”

“Nothing.”

He raised his eyebrow.

“Lyrcis,” I sighed. “Are you in a band?” Andy asked. I shook my head. “Nope.”

“Your lyrics are good.” Andy smiled lightly. “Really?” I asked. He nodded enthusiastically, “they’re really good, can I take a look at what you’ve written?” he asked shyly.

I nodded and handed him my notebook. If anyone else would’ve asked that, I’d probably rip their head off, but somehow I was okay with Andy seeing my lyrics. “You should really continue writing these.” Andy said smiling.

“Ladies and gentlemen.” Mrs. Raven said. “Today is the first mathematics lesson from this year. Welcome.”

I rolled my eyes and I swear I heard Andy chuckle. “We’re going to talk about hyperbolic connections today.” She said. I sighed. This was going to be a long, long hour.

“Ashley.” Mrs. Raven snapped.

I quickly looked up. Andy chuckled. “Huh?” I asked.

“I asked what the answer is of this formula.” Mrs. Raven said. I looked at the formula. “184,2365” I answered quickly.

Andy raised an eyebrow. “Good, next time, act like you pay attention.”Mrs. Raven said and continued with her explanation and then told us our homework for the next day.

“How did you do that?” Andy asked, surprised. “How did I do what?” I asked, confused.

“That-that answer. You were obviously not listening to her. And you didn’t use a calculator and you gave the perfect answer.” He said. “I- eh, I’m good at math?” I said. Hell yeah I was.

But I never acted like it. If I wanted, I could make all hundreds on my tests, but most of the time I just made seventies. I didn’t want to be bullied because I’m a nerd too.

“Wow,” Andy said, who had obviously a difficulty with math. “C-Can you give me some extra explanations about math after school?” he asked shyly. “Sure,” I nodded. “But um… Can we meet somewhere, not at school?” he asked nervously. “Travis said he’d beat me up if he saw me one more time spending my time with you when we’re not in class.”

“That motherfucker.” I said through my teeth. Andy giggled, “yeah, he sure as hell is. But just so you know; I’d love to hang out after school sometime, maybe we can make music or something.” He said. “I’d love to.” I said and smiled.

“ You have a beautiful smile.” He whispered.

Did he just day I have a beautiful smile?

I blushed, “thanks.” I said. “You’re welcome.” He said back and I just blushed more.

Andy took my notebook and wrote something on the last page. “My number.” He said, “send me a message, then I have yours too.” He smiled. I nodded.

I took my phone out of my pocket and held it under the table so Andy and Mrs. Raven couldn’t see it. I typed at first Andy’s number in the right box and then typed a message; Hey :) – Ashley.

I sent it without looking at my phone, I knew my phone that good. Andy’s phone buzzed. He took it out of his pocket and opened the message. “What?” he asked surprised. I grinned. “How the hell did you do that?” he asked, his eyes widened. “I know my phone.” I grinned and showed my phone which I held under the table.

“Ohh.” Andy said.

“Andy. Ashley. Be quiet and start working on your homework.” Mrs. Raven said.

We both nodded quickly and started working.

Then the bell rang. “I’ll text you later, okay?” Andy asked. I nodded.

“Bye Ashley.” He said. “Bye Andy.” I replied and watched him disappear through the door. I saw Travis, Dan and Chris waiting for him.

I walked out of the classroom too and made my way home. Hoping so much that I wouldn’t get beaten up by Travis, Dan and Chris.