Chapter 1

"Hey, today, our new boss is coming."

All the staff had been excited about their new CEO this whole week. Mr. Tuan's death was, however, still a shock to them. They loved their old boss; now the only heir to Tuans Company was going to run it. There were the mixed feelings of nervousness and excitment about the new CEO.

"I heard that he's really handsome," said an employee giggling to herself.

"You're always thinking about such kind of things."

"Everyone, gather around. Mr.Tuan is going to be here in a few minutes." The administer reminded them; and in a moment, all were in two lines, opposite to each other, with a narrow path between the two lines.

It did not take a long time before they could see their new CEO, Mark Tuan, entering the company with the secretary.

He had handsome features as everyone had already heard, and was young as well. But his lips were in a firm smile, radiating an experienced and confident look.

Mark stopped at the top of the two lines, taking a skimmed look at the employees. This was his frist time here, and everything was unfamiliar to him.

"Good morning everyone, my name is Mark Tuan. As you all have probably known, I'm going to lead this company my father's founded. I'm working as your CEO."

Everyone clapped to give him applause.

"Starting from this line, please introduce yourselves to Mr.Tuan."

At the end of the secretary's words, the salesmanager, Mr.Choi, started introducing himself with a warm smile.

"Welcome to this company, sir, I'm Choi Minsuk, the salesmanager here."

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Choi. I hope you'll keep your good work although my father is no more here."

"Of course, sir."

The staff introduced themselves one by one, as Mark moved along the narrow path, and he tried to memorise their names and positions.

"Excuse me."

A voice interrupted and everyone turned to it, including Mark.

"Sorry, I was late."

There stood a young man of about twenty-five, at the top of the two lines of the staff, looking at Mark in amazement. Then he realised it was their new boss.

Mark walked towards him, a frown slowly appearing on his face.

"Who are you?"

He bowed in a hurry, when Mark got closer.

"I'm Park Jinyoung, an HR manager of this company."

Mark stood in front of Jinyoung and took a look at the watch.

"Don't you know what time it is already now? You're fifteen minutes late."

"I'm sorry. Traffic was bad. I had to hurry here."

Jinyoung tried to explain but could sense that he was already in trouble.

"You're an HR manager. With that position, don't you know that you must set yourself as an example for the other staff? What are you responsible for?"

The secretary hurried towards them and stood beside Mark.

"I'm mainly in charge of training the new staff."

"Sir, Mr. Park is usually punctual. Please, sir, the other employees are waiting for you."

"Try to arrive on time next time."

Jinyoung just bowed and Mark left to the employees.

"Seriously? Even after I apologised!" Jinyoung mumbled under his breathe, as soon as he was seated at his table.

"This is just his first day. Did he think I was just making some excuse for being late?"

"Jinyoung hyung"

The boys arrived frist with the girls following behind.

"Did you see how handsome he is? I thought I was going to have a heart attack when he stood in front of me."

"Hey, be quiet. This isn't the time to be talking about such kind of things." Jinyoung reminded the girls, who nodded, trying to stop their giggles.

"Hyung, what'll you eat? I'll go and order for everyone," asked Minhyuk to Jinyoung.

The HR manager and all the trainees were seated at one long table, in the company cafe.

"As usual."

"So, fried rice and a coffee?"

Jinyoung nodded, and Minhyuk turned to the others to ask them the same.

"Hyung, do you want to try?" Leesung, who was sitting beside Jinyoung, put the home-made sandwich in front of Jinyoung.

"No, you have it yourself. You've got only two."

Jinyoung placed the sandwich back to the lunchbox.

"I had it made for you."

"Hey, if Jinyoung oppa isn't gonna have it, then I'll." Youngmin put her hand forward to get the sandwich.

"Not for you!"

"Everyone is here at the lunch time?" asked Mark, entering the cafe together with his secretary.

"Yes, sir, almost everyone, except some who bring along their lunchboxes."

Mark nodded and looked around the area.

"Just look at him, Jinyoung oppa, you aren't going to have it and he can't finish two. Isn't he being irrational? You should've given me another one!"

"Who said I couldn't finish two?"

Mark turned to the voices and knitted his brows at the sight.

"Aren't they HR manager and the new staff?"

The secretary followed his look, and said, "Yes, they are, sir."

Jinyoung was laughing at Leesung and Youngmin bickering over a sandwich.

"Aren't they too close? It's not a kind of atmosphere that should be between a manager and his staff. Doesn't he know that they will lose respect for him?"

"It's just his friendly nature, sir. At the office time, he's a strict leader."

Mark shook his head in disapproval. All he could see was a scene where he could no more distinguish who was the manager and who were the trainees.

"Jinyoung hyung, the boss is looking at our way." Minhyuk said quietly, placing the food on the table.

"What is the problem?"

Jinyoung tried not to turn around but he accidently did when he gave the sauce to Chanmin.

Mark's stern look with a frown made him turn away his face immediately.

"Shit. What's the matter with him?"

Jinyoung mumbled under his breathe.