Chapter 10

It was really nice to be out again after he had been the whole day, barely more than sleeping, at home yesterday. Jinyoung thought, taking in the fresh air and entering the company building.

"Oh, morning Jinyoung, are you fine now?" Mrs Yoon, the administrator, greeted him when he was on the way to his place.

"Morning. Yes, I'm well, thanks," answered Jinyoung, with a smile, before continuing his way.

"Jinyoung hyung! Welcome back, hyungnim," said Minhyuk, when Jinyoung sat down on the chair. All the trainees were already seated, and Jinyoung gave them an acknowledging glance for their punctuality.

"Hyung, are you well now? Did you take the medicine I had placed on the table?" asked Leesung, with the worried eyes and not at all covering the fact that he had been at Jinyoung's place yesterday, as every trainee had already known it.

"Yes, I did," Jinyoung remembered Mark's words from yesterday. "You were absent the whole day yesterday, because of me. Don't do something like that next time. Did boss call you?"

"No, he didn't. Maybe not yet. They said," Leesung glanced at the others, "he found out the real reason why I was absent."

"He was really angry yesterday," said Minhyuk. "It was our fault, he overheard what we were saying."

Jinyoung now realised why Mark had already known that Leesung had come to him yesterday.

"Now, whatever had happened, let's just focus on work," said Jinyoung, cutting down the conversation.

At the cafeteria, Leesung, as usual, took the seat beside Jinyoung, and placed his lunchbox on the table.

"Hyung, are you feeling better? I thought you would rest today as well," said Leesung, hesitatingly reaching out his hand to feel Jinyoung's temperature on the forehead.

"Don't worry, I'm feeling a lot better now."

"Hyung, what'll you eat? As usual, fried rice and coffee?" asked Minhyuk to Jinyoung, to go and order for everyone as usual.

"But I've brought the chicken broth for you, hyung. I had it made in case you came today," said Leesung, before Jinyoung could answer.

Jinyoung let out a soft laugh at Leesung's words, and said, "Leesung ah, you're taking too much trouble. Alright, I'll eat yours, but fried rice as well, Minhyuk. I should eat a lot, right?"

Both of the trainees nodded, and Minhyuk asked the other trainees what they would order.

No matter Mark had stated that there was a problem in the way Jinyoung and his trainees treated each other, all Jinyoung could feel was that a kind of warm and friendly atmosphere was necessary between them. In fact, wasn't it what made the workplace a desirable place? Jinyoung thought.

"Hyung, can I feed you?" Leesung's words brought him back to reality. The lunch box was already opened, and Leesung was stirring the broth with the spoon.

"Why? I'm good now. I can eat myself."

"I'm just joking, but for this one," said Leesung, scooping up the broth with the spoon, and brought the spoon near Jinyoung's mouth.

Jinyoung opened his mouth quickly and had it, which caused Leesung to smile widely.

But Jinyoung regretted it in an instant, when his eyes wandered and suddenly landed on the person, who was at the table not far away from them, and glaring at them.

Jinyoung knew very well, what those piercing eyes meant and said. It would not have been much of a problem yet, but the moment he saw Mark standing up off his chair and coming towards them with the long strides, Jinyoung realised it was going to be a big deal.

It only took a moment and Mark was already behind him. Jinyoung did not want to turn around, but Mark grabbed his arm.

"Follow me."

The trainees now looked at their boss and did not know what was going on.

"For what?" asked Jinyoung, turning around and facing Mark.

"You'll know," Mark took Jinyoung's hand and walked out of the cafeteria.

"What's it?" Leesung asked, after a long moment of the two disappearing. The others just shook their heads, having no idea.

Mark slammed the door shut behind when both he and Jinyoung were inside the room.

"What's that?"

"What do you mean?"

Both of their tones were rising almost on the same level.

"Don't play me for a fool, Park Jinyoung. I'm asking you about what I've just seen. Do you still want to deny? Do you still want me to believe that it is just the typical relationship between a manager and his trainees? Will you say the truth now?" asked Mark, his eyes demanding an immediate answer.

"I still don't understand what the problem is. And what kind of answer you want, because what I would say is still the same as I said before, sir."

Jinyoung tried to control his own anger, although he was boiling inside as well at Mark's accusations.

They were standing, facing each other and with their stubborn stares at each other, unwavered.

"Then for what reason was he feeding you? And you let him. You're a manager, what would everyone think of you when they see you like that?"

Then what would everyone think of them when he was just dragged out of the cafeteria just like that, by his own boss? Jinyoung wanted to question it to Mark, but he only said, "If that's about it, I'll make sure something like that does not happen again, sir."

"No, you don't," said Mark, and Jinyoung looked at him in confusion. "Quit the job."

What? Jinyoung felt his heart beating faster and his palms sweating at those words and Mark's determined eyes, saying that he had meant it.

"A-Are you firing me, sir?"

"Yes," Mark paused, taking in a long breath, "Starting from tomorrow, you'll start working as my secretary. Do you understand?"

Mark looked away from Jinyoung's confused eyes, and went and sat down on his chair. But Jinyoung followed him and stood in front of the table.

"Why? What's the reason?"

"One secretary is not enough," said Mark, although both of them knew that it was not the real reason. "I'll have the post for an HR manager advertised tomorrow."

"But I'm qualified for an HR manager, not for a secretary. Besides, what would the trainees do without an HR manager even for a few days? It would delay the company work." Jinyoung tried to reason, but he did not see any hope.

"Are you contradicting me? Listen, all you need to do is prepare yourself as a secretary for tomorrow. And all the rest, it's not for you to worry. You can leave now, if you want," said Mark with the tone of finality; and Jinyoung bowed at him and turned around to leave.

"And one thing," Jinyoung stopped on the spot, but did not turn to Mark. "Your desk'll be inside this room."

Jinyoung wanted to question it again, but instead left the place.