Chapter 16

Jinyoung came out of the bathroom, after washing himself. His shirt was already ironed and folded neatly by the maid, who he had just known came here every morning to do the necessary chores for Mark.

But the pants and coat he was now wearing were Mark's as his were still not dried.

After he had changed into the outfit, the maid came and told him that Mark was waiting for him in the dining room, for breakfast.

"Morning," he greeted Mark, as he entered the dining room. Coffees and different kinds of cakes were on the table; and they had not been touched yet.

"Did you sleep well? Fell off the sofa in the middle of the night?" asked Mark, in a teasing tone.

Jinyoung sat down opposite to Mark, in front of the table.

"I had a good night's sleep. You shouldn't have waited for me and should've eaten first, sir."

"It's because I want to. It's been some time already since I had breakfast together with someone."

They left for work together, after the breakfast.

When they entered the company, they were welcomed by Gayoon, who seemed to have been waiting for Mark for some time already.

She was at first a bit surprised to see Mark and his secretary walking side by side, entering the company.

"Mark!" Her girly loud voice brought both of their attention to her. Jinyoung inwardly groaned in dismay. What did she want again now?

When they were in front of her, she clinged to Mark's arm, and walked with him to the elevator, leaving Jinyoung behind.

"Mark, I called you last night multiple times but you didn't pick up. I was worried and hurried here this morning. Didn't you check your phone?"

Jinyoung followed them and her slight pout as she said those words, looking up at Mark's profile, did not escape his eyes.

"I slept early last night, that's why. And I didn't check the phone this morning," said Mark, and then he looked around.

"Where's Jinyoung?" They stopped and he turned back to Jinyoung, who was walking behind them slowly.

Mark disengaged himself from her and called Jinyoung, "Why are you walking behind us? Come to my side."

"Let him be. He's just a secretary," she said, nudging him; but Mark waited till Jinyoung was beside him.

Jinyoung let out a sigh when he saw her eyes on him, which were radiating some sort of dislike towards him.

She cligned back to Mark's arm, afterwards, as they all walked together to the elevator.

"Gayoon, I'm going to be busy," said Mark, as he sat down on his chair; and Jinyoung was also at his place already.

"So, you mean I need to leave? Mark, how you changed towards me! You didn't miss me at all while I was abroad?"

"If you don't want to leave, go and sit on the sofa, and relax. I'll talk with you when I've some spare time, okay?"

She pouted again but did as he was told, going to one of the sofas at the corner of the room. But she still could see Mark from there.

"Sir, Mr. Choi will come in the afternoon, to hand in the monthly sales report and also said he wanted to discuss about the current need for more salesmen," Jinyoung said, recapping today's schedules.

"No meeting today?"

"The meeting with the board of the directors is tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay, I mistook the date."

Jinyoung was standing beside Mark, and felt that the morning was passing away more slowly than any other day, as Gayoon was still inside the room.

Mark had not spared any time to her yet, and still she was waiting for him.

Jinyoung shifted his attention towards Mark again, and saw the latter standing up off his chair.

They came into face-to-face; and Jinyoung looked at him in confusion.

Mark reached for the first button, which tightened the shirt collars around Jinyoung's neck, and undid it.

"Isn't it so tight with all the buttons fastened?"

Jinyoung gulped and tried to avoid Mark's eyes. His eyes tried to focus on anything but Mark; and saw Gayoon's glare at them, especially at him.

Mark's hands moved to the second button, but Jinyoung held them to stop them from undoing the button.

"I-I'm okay, now. I'm not used to being with two buttons unfastened."

His neck was now exposed and free from the shirt.

"Can I go back now?" asked Jinyoung, faintly.

"No. Just a moment." Mark's hand brushed Jinyoung's bangs from the forehead and fixed his hair.

"You look better this way."

Mark smiled when Jinyoung showed more nervousness.

"Does the coat I gave you fit you? Maybe a little tight? And what about the pants? Are they okay?"

"A little tight but they are quite alright."

What Mark was doing and saying now were all unusual; he was never the one who would do and say such kind of things, at least during the office-time. Jinyoung knew and wanted to question Mark what the reason was. But he seemed to have a vague idea.

"Are you trying to make her jealous?" asked Jinyoung, in a whisper so that only Mark could hear.

"No, why should I? I'm only letting her know what she needs to know."

Gayoon looked away from the intimate interaction between them, but she was biting her lip with anger. He was favouring his secretary too much, and she needed to talk about this to Mark after his work.