Chapter 23

There were not many schedules for today. Jinyoung noted down the appointments for the following days on the planner.

"Morning." With the voice, Mark's hands wrapped around him from behind.

Mark took a look at the planner from behind Jinyoung's shoulders.

"Set that aside for a while. Aren't you going to greet me back?"

"We're at work. You have a meeting today."

"Hmm." Mark tightened his hands around Jinyoung's shoulders, and landed a kiss on his temple.

Mark was persistent, as always, Jinyoung smiled with the thought. He removed Mark's hands and stood up off his chair.

"You don't look like a boss with that pout, sir. Come here."

Jinyoung opened his arms wide for Mark, who complied with his words, by hugging him, and burying his face in Jinyoung's shoulder.

"And you don't look like my secretary by ordering me around, but I like it anyway."

Jinyoung chuckled, and detached himself from Mark, just to give him a chaste kiss on the lips.

"That is better."

At the sound of the door being pushed open, Mark and Jinyoung pulled away from each other in a hurry.

Gayoon's eyes turned towards them at Jinyoung's desk, when she had not seen Mark at his table.

"What's she here again for?" Mark murmured under his breath.

"Oh, Mark! I thought you had not arrived yet." She walked towards them, in her high heels as usual, and smiling at Mark, which she must assume as her perfect smile.

Jinyoung wanted to hiss in annoyance at her ways of making attempts to claim Mark again. As usual, her eyes directed at him in despise, before adverting to Mark with her dazzling eyes.

"I'll go grab a coffee," said Jinyoung, but Mark held his wrist to stop him.

"Stay."

She crossed her arms, eyeing Mark's hand on Jinyoung's wrist.

"I'll be quick."

Removing Mark's hand slowly, Jinyoung walked out away from them.

He was not mad at Mark; it was just that he couldn't stand her. He trusted Mark, and that was the only reason he dared leave him with her.

But still, if he could act on his own, he would have already declared in her face that Mark was his and that she was making futile efforts in trying to get him back.

But to tell her was Mark's part; Jinyoung decided he would leave that to Mark.

Waiting for the coffee in front of the coffee vending machine, Jinyoung stood there and took his time.

Even after the coffee was available, instead of going back, he chose to sit down on the bench nearby to finish his coffee.

Sipping the coffee, he smiled unknowingly, as his thoughts wandered back to the day, he bumped against Mark accidentally, spilling the hot coffee over Mark's shirt. That furious Mark was now even cute in his eyes.

At that moment, in the distance, he saw Mark, who was looking around the area and then directed towards him as he spotted Jinyoung.

Mark nearly ran to him, and sat down beside him, panting a little.

"I was looking for you."

"I told you I would go grab the coffee."

"She's already left," Mark caressed Jinyoung's cheek, "Are you mad at me?"

Jinyoung shook his head, with a reassuring smile. Mark was looking at him with the worried eyes, and inched closer to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Then please don't leave me with her. You can't imagine how I was angry with her a while ago. Because I thought you misunderstood me with her again. I literally forced her to leave."

"Well, that was not civilised, Mr. Tuan."

"Does it even matter? She should know when to come and when to not, not to say that knocking before coming in is necessary as well."

The Mark hot with fury, was a sight to see, Jinyoung enjoyed it, laughing softly.

"Well, is that funny to you, Mr. Park?"

"Quite."

"Let's go back." Mark stood up, extending his hand to Jinyoung, who took it so willingly, feeling his heart thumping even for these small gestures.

With their interwined hands, Mark and Jinyoung walked side by side along the bank of the Han River, just like the other couples.

Mark inhaled a long breath, taking in the fresh air from the river.

"It's fresh air. We should come here often," said Mark.

After finishing work, instead of going back home, they had decided to come here, for some down-time.

After a while of walking, they sat down on the bank, beside each other. The still water of the river in front of them was a calming sight, and the noise of the cars was faint away from them.

Their hands were still interwined, clasping together. Jinyoung smiled, as he noticed how Mark's hands, small and delicate, were nearly disappearing in his.

"Your hands feel so good to touch, much smaller than mine. I'm beginning to be afraid, others might become addicted to your hands once they have held them," whispered Jinyoung.

"It's just that our hands are perfect for each other. See? They really fit together. Your hands feel so warm, too. I'd be jealous if others could hold yours like me."

The night was falling slowly and the passers-by were getting fewer and fewer.

But both of them still remained there, knowing that leaving this place aslo meant saying good-nights to each other and went to their own separate ways for tonight.

Now Jinyoung was in between Mark's bent begs and arms, which were hugging him. Mark's occasional kisses on his head and temple were fluttering his heart too much, but he hoped that they would never stop. This place between Mark's arms was slowly becoming his favourite spot, warm and secure - most of all, filled with love.