Chapter 14

The next morning, Mark managed to arrive at the company a bit earlier than usual. Jinyoung was always early, he knew; and that was the main reason Mark tried to get there earlier. To have some time with him.

However, he did not see Jinyoung in the room but the brief case was already there on the table.

Mark got out of the room; and as the door of Mrs. Young's room was not locked, he entered it right away, without knocking.

"Is Jinyoung here? I think he's already arrived, but not in the room," asked Mark to Mrs. Young. He might sound like a freak boss, who did not want his employee to be out of his eyes but he did not care at the moment.

"Yes, he's already here, sir. Perhaps, he went to grab a coffee. He often does that."

"Okay, thanks."

Mark headed for the coffee vending machine; and right enough, he saw Jinyoung near it, probably waiting for the coffee. But his back was facing Mark, and did not see him coming.

Jinyoung was in a white shirt, with no coat over it; and the shirt fitted his body, defining his wide shoulders. A sort of admiration ran through Mark at the sight of Jinyoung's manly figure; but he shook his head in an instant. It was all confusing to him; he did not want to accept what he was feeling toward Jinyoung.

But at the same time, he could not help all those feelings either, which afflicted him and corrupted his mind.

Mark walked closer to Jinyoung but the latter did not look back and was still oblivious of him.

With the amused mind, he took steps till his chest touched Jinyoung's back; and whispered in Jinyoung's ear gently.

"Get me a coffee as well?"

Jinyoung turned around immediately, shocked; and Mark stepped backwards, enjoying Jinyoung's reaction.

"Ah! You scared me, sir." Jinyoung said, pressing his hand against his chest. "Coffee? I'll get one for you, sir. Which one?"

"Cappuccino."

It seemed that there was no more tension between them, Mark thought.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" asked Mark, out of no where.

"Why should I be though?" asked Jinyoung back, although he knew what Mark meant.

"Never mind." Mark placed his hands inside his side pockets, "Do you feel suffocated to be inside my room all the time? Sorry, but there is no extra room near mine."

He could have just been placed inside Mrs. Young's room, instead, Jinyoung thought; but he made no remark out loud.

Soon, Jinyoung's coffee was available, and he took the coffee cup out.

"Wait for me," said Mark to Jinyoung, who obeyed him wordlessly.

Mark sometimes thought it was only his power as a CEO that could keep Jinyoung by his side. At this point, he did not want to even question himself why he wanted to demand Jinyoung's presence near him.

Mark's coffee was now available as well and he took it. But his other hand held Jinyoung's wrist, as the latter was about to walk away, as both of their coffees were now already in their hands.

"We'll drink here."

But the coffees were still so hot; how could they finish them in a short time? Jinyoung thought; in fact, he wanted to savour it, while working.

They stood side by side, sipping the coffee.

Thye glanced at each other occasionally, while no one said any words. But Mostly, Jinyoung averted his eyes whenever they met Mark's, and tried to ignore the latter.

Yet Mark was determined and his eyes were on Jinyoung, unwaveringly, for the whole time, till their coffees were finished. Probably to provoke Jinyoung; but he loved this feeling and even liked this awkward situation.

"Do you still remember that you promised to treat me next time?" asked Mark, when he saw Jinyoung putting the things, mostly files, into his briefcase and wearing the coat, which had been hung on the back of his chair.

"Yes? Of course, I do. Wherever I like, you said."

"Well, now we're going where you like so that you can treat me."

"You mean now?" Jinyoung knew he was using informal words to his boss, but it did not seem like Mark cared.

"Exactly, now. What do you say?"

"Sure, but I'm not good at choosing the suitable place, so could you please?"

Mark thought for a moment, "I have one place in my mind. A kind of place you'll like. So shall we?"

The restaurant they went to was just a small one, with the warm and cozy atmosphere. Actually it was one of the other restaurants in a row along the street.

They had parked their cars at the car parking nearby which charged per hour.

The whole street was a crowded place, especially, as it was evening, the small diners were full of customers.

They seated at an unoccupied table in one corner. Jinyoung wanted to laugh, as he remembered Mark's words. A kind of place he would like? It was not that he did not like here, but why would Mark think that he liked a crowded place?

"This one is near Yonsei University. The university I attended. And this was my favourite place, back then and till now. You know, I used to come here a lot."

"With your friend perhaps? I mean your ex."

Their eyes met, in an almost heated stare.

"Sometimes, but don't mention her now."

Their conversation was cut down as the waiter came. Jinyoung ordered seafood stew and Mark hotpot mixed rice.

After just a minute or two, the ordered food was already placed on their table.

"That's another thing I like about these restaurants. You know, they are really fast." Mark said, and Jinyoung nodded in agreement.

"Wait," Mark gripped Jinyoung's wrist, stopping it midway, from touching the bowl, "Can't you be more careful? It's boiling hot. You want to burn your hand?"

"Sorry, I'll be more careful," Jinyoung muttered, and Mark let go of his hand.

Silence fell, afterwards, as they now focused on eating. Mark finished first, being used to how he always ate fast whenever he was there.

Jinyoung looked up at him from his food, surprised at how fast Mark was.

"Take your time. Don't mind me," said Mark but then he took the tissue and signaled Jinyoung to stay still.

Mark leaned forward over the table, and tilting Jinyoung's chin upwards a little, he wiped off the tiny droplets of the stew near Jinyoung's lips with the tissue.

Jinyoung was startled but stayed still. Mark rubbed them off carefully but did not remove his hand after that.

Both gazed at each other as if under the spell. Mark's hand was still extended over to Jinyoung's lips. Trapped in an unshaken eye contact. Then Mark's eyes slowly travelled downwards to the lips, instead, which he was touching with the tissue.

"Ahem, can I continue eating, sir?" Jinyoung's voice snapped Mark's attention, and he withdrew his hand at once, awkward, and a shy, young smile appearing on his lips.

"Sorry, I was carried away."

Jinyoung bit his lips from letting out a laugh, and for the first time, he was enjoying Mark's weird behaviours.