Final Chapter

Along the seashore, Jinyoung dragged his feet, feeling the warm breeze of the sea, but his thoughts were in a whirl and his heart in misery.

"I arrived there, at Mark's mansion, within an hour of Gayoon's message, which I'm sure had been sent when they were on the way to Mark's place," Gayoon's brother's words rang inside Jinyoung's head again.

Letting out a quiet sigh, he looked around at the quiet surrounding, in which only the occasional sounds of the sea waves were heard.

"Mark was asleep on the sofa, and I even thought it was a regret as I had intended to have a chat with him to catch up, considering that it had been quite a long time since the last time we met."

Jinyoung slipped out of his thin slippers to feel the wet sand under his bare feet. Facing the sea, his eyes gazed at the endless length of it before him.

"I was quite suspicious, though, because why Mark should be sleeping on the couch while Gayoon was just beside him. That was, as I later found out, due to the effect of the sleeping-pill powder. Some days later, I phoned him, to ask if he was not feeling well, and that was when I realised the reason. As soon as I knew that, I had a go at Gayoon, and she reassured me, as I was really furious with her, that nothing had happened to make a shame of herself, and the part they were naked to the waist, was just for the sake of taking the photos, well, to deceive you. I'm really sorry, Jinyoung-shi, nothing like that will ever happen again, I promise you."

Those were the words said by Gayoon's brother yesterday, which solved the problem, but one problem still remained - how he was going to face Mark.

Mark might have no idea where he was because he had been back in his hometown since last week.

One thing for certain was he would go back to Seoul tomorrow; and Mark, he would go and apologise to him for wrongly accusing him. What if Mark had already moved on from him? That was what had been torturing Jinyoung since he knew the truth.

If only fate would bring them together, again.

Jinyoung sat down on the sand where his feet felt the touch of the warm water of the sea.

"I know you won't forgive me, Mark. I refused to listen to your words and to believe you. I was actually childish, wasn't I?" Jinyoung muttered into the sea, "If only you would embrace me again in your arms and let me stay beside you. Then I won't be thankful enough."

"I understand," with the sudden voice behind him, a pair of hands wrapped around his shoulders.

Shocked and at the same time, feeling his heart warm, Jinyoung tilted his head and was welcomed by Mark's smiling face, which he had missed so much.

"You think I wouldn't forgive you? How can you? I was dying to see you but you were nowhere to be found."

Mark dropped a kiss on Jinyoung's hair, and brought both of them to their feet until they came to face-to-face.

Jinyoung brushed his hand against Mark's cheek, to feel the reality. Mark was back to all his glory again, with the clean, handsome face and his refreshing smile.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble. I really am."

"She's leaving to Canada soon. So, you don't need to worry about her interfering with us again."

"I'm really thankful to her brother."

"Hmm," Mark drew Jinyoung closer to him, "I have one question, were you thinking that our relationship could never be mended and that you would just hide yourself here, away from me? How cruel of you, Park Jinyoung."