Chapter 11

Jinyoung took in a long breath, whether in misery or frustration, he did not know anymore. He still felt weird to consider the fact that he was now a secretary, no more an HR manager.

After a moment of just standing in front of the secretary's room, he knocked at it and waited for the door to open.

After a few seconds, it was opened by the secretary, Mrs. Young, and looked at Jinyoung with the questioning eyes.

"Jinyoung, your place is inside Mr. Tuan's room."

"Yes, but he's still not here. I don't want to be in there before him. Also could you explain to me what I have to do as a secretary in detail?"

"Oh, okay, come in. It must have been too sudden for you," said the secretary, letting Jinyoung in, "I was shocked too when he told me that you would be working as another secretary for him, yesterday."

She did not ask him why, and Jinyoung silently thanked her for that. Because he did not want to talk about it again, and in fact, did not want to even think of it.

They both sat down at her table, and she showed him the file of the CEO's schedules for the week, saying that it was just rough schedules and there could be the additional ones.

"I'll explain everything in brief," she said, looking at the watch, "He's going to be here in a few minutes. But you can ask me, or ask for my help whenever you're confused."

Jinyoung nodded and she started explaining the most important things first, as Jinyoung listened to her with the undivided attention.

Time flew past, and flowing in their own attention to each other, they had not noticed Mark coming in the room.

"What're you doing here?" The question was directed to Jinyoung, and broke their attention. Both of them turned to Mark, and the secretary answered it instead, "I was explaining to him about the secretary duties, sir."

"That's also what I've been thinking about. Mrs. Young, today, let him do all the work and you just guide him. Only then, he'll learn it first."

"I see, sir."

Jinyoung just listened to them in silence, and Mark looked at him.

"Now, are you going to follow me to the room, Mr. Park?"

Jinyoung stood up off the chair, and with a soft "Thank you, Mrs. Young," he walked behind Mark to his room.

"What?" Leesung exclaimed at the end of Minhyuk's words. "How can that be possible? This is a company, not a playground! Is it that easy and quick to make such kind of decision?"

"Shh. Be quiet. Anyone could hear you."

It was the unexpected news that the HR manager's position had changed now to the secretary. The whole morning, everyone talked about, was this news, especially what the reason behind this, could have been.

Leesung felt more than anger with this sudden change, and could not accept it.

"It's unfair. I'd been having this feeling since yesterday. Since he dragged Jinyoung hyung out of the cafeteria. Do you know why he did that?"

"No idea. We're just ordinary employees, there might be a lot of things we don't know, going on between the superiors. Whatever, we'll be missing hyung a lot."

Leesung went silent, having no strength even to agree with Minhyuk. That was just the end of his hopes to be loved back by Jinyoung.

Everything was definitely not easy for Jinyoung. He was not used to being near the CEO every single moment, answering the calls, arranging the appointments and checking the schedules every single hour to remind the CEO of every next schedule.

Out of all, having to follow Mark everywhere he went, Jinyoung could barely keep himself still. This was only for one morning yet; and he was already worn out, with his own mistakes even when following Mrs. Young's guide and Mark's orders.

At lunch time, Jinyoung walked into the cafeteria, with Mrs. Young, both following behind Mark. There, the first thing his eyes landed on, was the table he used to sit before and his former trainees.

They saw him once he entered the cafeteria, and waved at him, with smiles, which were not cheerful ones. Jinyoung knew they were upset but they still smiled at him. At that moment, the desire to go back to his manager life woke in him so strong; and he waved back at them.

Mark led to the table, which he usually sat, and signaled Jinyoung and Mrs. Young to take the seat.

He noticed Jinyoung's sad eyes, but in the presence of Mrs. Young, he did not say anything.

"Was it okay?" asked Mark to Jinyoung, when they were at the car parking to leave the company; and were standing near Mark's car.

Jinyoung looked at him, with the eyes that it was an obvious answer even if he did not answer.

"No. To be honest, I felt out of place the whole day, sir. I think I'm not at all suitable for this position."

There were a lot of things Jinyoung wanted to question to Mark, like if there was no chance for him to return to his former position.

"Get used to it," said Mark, "This is the only way you can do. And don't be late tomorrow."

"But, sir, wouldn't it be better if I just go back to my manager position?"

Mark looked at Jinyoung intently, as if searching for something on his face.

"You miss them, don't you? No, the position for a new HR manager has already been advertised. So, if you keep thinking of going back there, it'll only trouble you," Mark paused, and when their eyes were locked, he continued, "I gave you this position because I believe in you. You'll get used to it in no time."

Jinyoung felt loss of words at this; he was trusted, but felt there was no confidence left in him.

"See you tomorrow, then," said Mark, already opening his car and seating inside, while Jinyoung was still standing on the spot. After a while, Mark's car slowly disappeared from the car parking. A moment later, Jinyoung also headed for his own car, with his dreadful mind.