Chapter 5

The next day, Jinyoung left home a bit earlier than usual, with the intention of giving Mark the shirt back when he arrived at the company.

But the thought that Mark could not have arrived early like he did, did not enter Jinyoung's head; when he was already at the company, Mark was not in his room yet.

Jinyoung stayed at his desk and began his work, even though it was still not the office time.

Only after half an hour past the office time, he stood up and headed for the CEO's room with the shirt in his hand.

He knocked the door but the reply came only after three times of the knock. When he entered the room, Mark was talking on the phone but he spared a glance at Jinyoung before paying attention back to the other line.

Jinyoung took the seat before the table to wait for Mark to finish talking, as just leaving the shirt without any word would be rude.

"Okay. Right. Thank you. So, we'll meet next Friday."

Mark hung up and then looked at Jinyoung.

"What're you here for?"

Jinyoung placed the bag inside which was Mark's shirt on the table.

"I'm returning the shirt, sir."

"Oh, right, but I forgot yours."

"It's okay, you can bring it later. Also I want to apologise to you again for yesterday."

Mark thought for a moment, before saying, "You can follow me to my place after work."

Jinyoung looked at Mark in confusion, not understanding what Mark meant.

"Invitation? F-for what?"

"I'm not inviting you. Well, at least not for nothing. I mean you can follow me so that you can take your shirt back."

"No, it's not necessary. That shirt is not that important. You could bring it the next day."

"I cannot guarantee that I'll remember to bring it."

"Then, anytime when you remember."

"Here, I'm trying to finish it at once. I don't want it to always hang in the back of my mind. I have many other things to think of," said Mark with the tone of finality; and Jinyoung had no choice but to agree with the idea.

"Then, I'll be waiting for you near the entrance of the company after work."

Mark nodded as it was settled now. "You can go back now."

Jinyoung stood up; and with a bow, he left the place.

"Jinyoung hyung!" Leesung almost shouted when he saw Jinyoung coming towards his desk.

"Where're the others?" asked Jinyoung, sitting down and looking around as he saw no one else.

"They're coming. Actually, I'm the one who is here earlier."

Leesung touched Jinyoung's shirt and held his arm subtly.

"You're okay today." He looked at Jinyoung and his figure.

"Of course, what happened yesterday was just something unexpected."

Jinyoung looked at his watch; it was already the starting time and the trainees were not here yet. He had not taken notice that Leesung was staring at him; in fact, he had never noticed that. Leesung knew that Jinyoung was not suspicious about his feelings for him. It was somehow an advantage for Leesung but sometimes it was also disappointment. For whatever he did to Jinyoung, he wanted to be acknowledged, not just like a trainee to his manager but like the relationship outside work. It was said that the harder something was to get, the more desperate people felt to get it. The obstacles he felt in loving Jinyoung only made him want to go forward and try to get Jinyoung's love.

Jinyoung waited near the entrance of the company, as promised, after work. It was not long before Mark was already within his sight, coming towards him as soon as they saw each other.

"Did you come by your own car?" asked Mark, as soon as he was in front of Jinyoung.

"Yes, I brought my car."

"Then, follow me by your car."

It was not a very long drive; Mark stopped the car in front of his mansion, and Jinyoung also halted his.

The modern mansion in front of his eyes was a jaw-dropping sight for Jinyoung. Both of their cars were stopped inside the compound of the mansion; and Mark signaled Jinyoung to follow him inside.

"I'll wait here," said Jinyoung, when they were at the parlour.

"Okay, I'll not be long," said Mark, before continuing his way to the staircase.

Jinyoung looked around the place, a little surprised at the fact that he saw no one else and it seemed that Mark lived alone. There was a photo of Mark and his parents, hung on the wall. Seeing his old boss, Mr. Tuan, back, Jinyoung recalled the memories of him in melancholy; he really loved and missed Mr. Tuan.

Mark came back with the shirt and saw Jinyoung gazing at the photo.

"Here."

Jinyoung turned around to Mark, who handed him the shirt ironed and folded.

"Wait." Mark withdrew his hand, making Jinyoung stop his hand midway.

"I have some words to say to you. Will you sit down?"

Both of them sat down, opposite to each other on the sofa.

"Don't get too close with the trainees."

Again. Jinyoung just nodded, although he still could not see what problem Mark was trying to point out, in him getting too close with them or not.

"What's your relationship with that boy? The one I mentioned to you once."

"Leesung? Relationship with him? What do you mean, sir?" Jinyoung asked, startled. What was that question directing to? "Because you caught him staring at me once?"

"It means you want to deny that there is anything more than work between you two?" asked Mark.

"There is nothing going on between us." Jinyoung said, looking at Mark in the eyes and with the firm voice. "I really don't understand why you think so in the first place."

"Because I could read his eyes. I want to trust you and your words that nothing is going on between you."

Mark stood up afterwards and so did Jinyoung.

"Are you going straight home? Here is your shirt."

Mark handed the shirt and Jinyoung took it.

"Yes, I'm going back home."

"Keep in mind what I've said, will you? Especially, don't get close with him."

"Are you saying that - no, I should treat all of them equally. That's all I can do. Goodbye, sir."

Jinyoung turned around to leave, without listening to whatever Mark had to say anymore.

Being left behind and looking at Jinyoung's back slowly disappearing, Mark shook his head but still smiled, at how stubborn the younger was.