Vampire Academy - Last Sacrifice - My Version - Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Hours could have passed but I wouldn't have any idea how many. I had been in and out of Lissa's head so many times just to get a glimpse of normal life. I could feel that she was trying to keep something from me, and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was, so my get away to Lissa turned frustrating and I gave up on that idea because it was annoying me just as much as it was being in the awful little cell. I was lying on my bed drifting off to sleep wondering when I would be able to have a proper shower and a good scrub. I know it wasn't anything huge but just to feel fresh and clean again would be amazing right now. As sleep swarmed my brain I realised this was not a normal dream, I was looking out onto a garden while sat on bench in front of a huge white house which I had no idea who's it might have been. I was in my usually jeans and a red striped top, pretty plain considering the creator. As soon as I thought of him I looked round to see where he was. It was like he knew what I was thinking because at that very moment he was walking down the porch steps away from the white house towards me. As he sat down next to me I smiled up at him glad to see a friendly face only to see that his face was full of concern and worry. At first I thought that is only to be expected of someone whose girlfriend is going to be killed for murdering their Aunt, but I could there was more, he was keeping something from me, just like Lissa. He stared into my eyes grief pouring out of him; I reached my hand up to his cheek and grazed my fingers across his lips. "Little Dhampir, don't look at me like that." He smiled down at me and I wondered what my face could have looked like for him to hide his real expression from me. I smiled back at him and leaded my head up to meet his lips with my own. He took my hand from his cheek and he held it in both of his hands. His eyes met mine and he just gazed at me for a moment like he knew all the secrets in the world. As soon as that thought had come I dropped my gaze because I knew he didn't know all the secrets in the world, or not any that could help me. "I've been worried about you Rose." I looked back up at him.

"Worried enough to tell me what you and Lissa are keeping from me?" He put his hand through his 'messy but in a neat way' and I knew I wasn't going to get a real answer out of him. I stood up and turned around to look at the big white house. "Where are we anyway? Whose is this house?" He followed me and looked up at the house.

"It's nice isn't it, I'm not sure whose house it is, I just remember seeing it once when I was younger and thought it might be a nice change from the scenery you have." I looked at him in shock that he would say something like that but then I thought again, well it is Adrian. He was right it was a nice change and I really needed it. "You're right, it is nice." I stepped towards him and put my arms around his neck and leaned up for another kiss. He slowly put his arms around my waist and rested his hands in the back pockets of my jeans. When the kiss came to a halt I remembered I had the note in my pocket. He looked at me puzzled. "Rose, what's this?" I looked at him and thought shit please don't open it. "It's just a note, don't read it yet it doesn't concern you, but I swear you can read it soon I just need to speak to Lissa first. Can you get her to come and see me tomorrow its really important" He looked at me confused and I'm sure I saw a flicker of disappointment. "Why don't you just ask Dimitri to ask her for you?" I stood there in shock, why would he even say that? "I know that he has been to see you today" That hit a nerve.

"I didn't want to ask him to speak to Lissa for me I wanted to ask you but if you're just going to be petty and waste the small time that I have before I get executed then go ahead, don't tell Lissa, I will just wait until she comes of her own accord." Adrian looked at me and the dream started to settle into blackness. I opened my eyes and felt guilty that I had argued with Adrian. That was the last thing I wanted right now. I hoped he would tell Lissa but if not I couldn't exactly blame him. After a while I drifted off into a normal deep sleep without any interruptions from any dream walkers which I was grateful for.