Vampire Academy - Last Sacrifice - My Version - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"I don't need you to wait Roza; I need you to be here for me. That is all I want." I smiled and he bent down and kissed me. It would have been a perfect kiss if I didn't see the curtain in the kitchen twitching. I lent my head against Dimitri's chest and looked over at the window and saw Lissa smiling. I jumped back and ran into the house. I picked her up and span her round and gave her the hugest hug of her lifetime. "Liss! I'm so glad you're here." She was laughing.

"I know, I'm so glad to see you! It feels like forever. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too!" When I stepped back from the hug everyone was watching us. There was a houseful. Dimitri's family and family friends were there including Oksana and Mark. Everyone got to talking again while Liss and I caught up. "So have you met Oksana and Mark? They are the couple that are like us." Lissa smiled at me. "Yeah Rose I have, we have been here for hours."

"Really, why didn't you ring me?"

"Because Viktoria said that you and Dimitri was talking and I didn't want to disturb." It was a good idea that she didn't. "So are you guys back on?" I didn't know what to say. Were me and Dimitri official? I didn't know until Dimitri stepped behind me and put his arms around my waist. "Yes, we are Lissa." She jumped up in joy and practically tackled us while trying to hug us. Yeva walked into the room and nodded at me. I could see that she was happy for us too. After a while everyone was gathered into the living room and sat anywhere there was a space too. We were all having a laugh and enjoying the company. "So, how did you too meet?" Viktoria said. I was quite shocked that they didn't know considering they seemed to know every thing else. I looked at Dimitri and he nodded at me. Apparently I was going to tell the story of how we met. "Well if I tell you I will have to start from the very beginning." Viktoria started gesturing for me to go on, by this time everyone was listening and I fell a little embarrassed but I carried on anyway. "A while ago we didn't no what spirit was and it was really creepy that Liss could heal thing and use compulsion really well. We didn't tell anyone about her powers but one of the teachers, who was also a spirit user, found out and told us to leave or they would take Liss away so we ran away from the academy before that could happen. We stayed on the run for two years mingling with humans and going to there schools. One night Liss had woken up because of a bad dream and it woke me up too." I wasn't going to go in to the fact that I fed her my blood. "Liss had gone downstairs to get some food and I noticed a man outside of the window looking in. He was so close that I could have thrown something in and it would have hit him." Everyone looked at Dimitri and laughed including him. "I knew the Academy had caught up with us, it was only a matter of time. I told Lissa we had to leave and chucked her a coat. She didn't have shoes on or anything but we ran up the street to a friends car which we was going to take but we wasn't quick enough and Dimitri and the other guardians had caught us. That was how we met basically. It wasn't anything glam or anything but that's the truth." Dimitri laughed.

"I remember that night a little differently Roza." I looked up at him.

"Well feel free to tell them your side of it." I didn't think he actually would but he took my hand into his and started. "Ok, I will." I smiled. I was quite excited to hear this because he had never spoken to me about it. "Well I arrived at the Academy knowing that I had a new Moroi to protect and didn't know who it was at first. I asked the head of guardians at the school and she told me it was complicated because my Moroi wasn't there and I would need to find her." He looked of at Lissa and she mimed 'I'm sorry' to him. "It took weeks to find where Lissa and Rose were and we set out to go and get them. We took six guardians with us because know one had been able to find them and we couldn't risk them getting away again. We watched the pair of them for a whole day and decided to get them at night. Before we was about to go and get them from there sleep there light flicked on in there room and Rose saw me. I knew we had been busted and that they would plan a quick escape so we split off into pairs and blocked off any way that they could go. When they did leave there apartment they were headed in my direction so I just waited around a corner for them to come and the other guardians followed them. I know that it sounds the same as Rose's version but she didn't tell you that after two years of not doing any novice training what so ever she attacked me because I was too close to Lissa." Everyone started laughing. "I think I can take you on now though Comrade!" I punched him in the arm jokingly. "Yeah, I don't doubt that for a second. Anyway that was when we took them both to the airport and split them up on the plane because I am sure they would have tried to parachute out if we had let them sit together. As soon as I met her I knew she would make an amazing guardian, even before I knew about her bond." Everyone laughed and started to make there own little conversations. I went over to Christian and started talking to him. "So what's new with you?" He looked at me puzzled. "Rose, if there ever was anything new with me you would know because of Lissa." I smiled, yeah he was right I would no and there wasn't anything new with him. "True"