Vampire Academy - Last Sacrifice - My Version - Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Days had passed. People had visited. There was no news on when I would be getting out of jail. Lissa still hadn't been to see anyone about the fact that she could now vote although I am sure that news had already gotten around about her having a younger sister and the council would come to her if she took too long. The guard came to my cell door and unlocked it. "Today is your lucky day, you get a shower." One of the guards said jokingly. I put my hands up in the air and waved them around.

"Yay, lucky me!" I replied back. I was actually relieved to be getting a shower I needed one. I needed to feel refreshed again. I had finally come to terms with the fact that Yeva was dead. That didn't stop me from feeling hurt though. I stepped into the shower and let the water pour over my body. It felt so good. My guards were right outside of the room but that didn't stop me from taking my time. When I stepped out of the shower and into my towel I noticed someone had took away my clothes and put a pile of new fresh clothes out for me. I was actually pretty happy about that. There was a note on top. I read it out to myself. "I have just found out your trial is today. Abe had already got you something new to wear for it so I'm just delivering it to you. I will see you there. I love you. D" What? My trial was today? I was excited to be getting out of jail but this meant today might be the day I die! I started to panic. Someone then knocked on the door and I opened it still in my towel. "Don't panic. Get dressed. I know how scared you must be feeling right now but it won't look very good if we turn up late." I nodded at the guard and closed the door. I quickly towel dried my hair, it would have to do. Luckily I was allowed a brush. I then got dressed. I was quite surprised that Abe had actually picked me out something that looked pretty good. I was wearing a fitted short sleeved red top which showed off my curvy hips and a pair of black slacks with braces and black heels. I stepped out of the shower room and both the guardians' mouths dropped. I laughed at them both and they soon shut there mouths. "You look good Rose." I knew I did.

"Thanks. At least if I'm going to die I will die in style." I gave a small smile to both the guards. I was joking on the outside but on the inside I was shitting myself! We walked through the Court and people stopped and stared at me. I saw a man who's face had pure disgust written all over it but others had pleading eyes and I could see that they were hoping that I would survive today. Literally. A little boy stepped up to me. I recognised him from when the questioning of whether Dimitri was a Strigoi or not took place.

"Rose, I hope that they don't kill you. I don't believe you killed the Queen." I smiled at the little boy and lent down so we were at the same level.

"I hope they don't kill me too. Your right you no, I didn't kill the Queen." He nodded at me and his Mother come and took his hand. She looked at me and smiled. "A lot of people believe you are innocent." The woman said to me. She then started to walk of with her son.

"Thank you." I called after her. We then set off one again on the way to the Court room. As I walked into the Court Room around a hundred pairs of eyes set on me. The room had gone completely silent. The only noise was coming from my high heels. The guardians walked me to my seat and I sat down. People the started to talk again and it soon became very loud. I looked around and the court mirrored the last time I was I here. The same judge sat at the dais. I then glanced at the audience. I smiled when I saw Dimitri and his family sat together with all the people I loved and cared about. "Order. The trial is now in order." The silence once again took over the room. I then looked to the front of the court at the judge. Today we will determine the punishment based on all of the evidence for Miss Rose Hathaway and the murder of Her Royal Majesty the Queen Tatiana. The prosecuting lawyer was sat by a table with a load of papers on it. He started flicking through them. That was when I realised that I should have a lawyer. I turned to Dimitri and mimed to him. "Where the hell is Abe?" Lissa was sat next to Dimitri and spoke to me through our bond.