Potter

Harry Potter had no idea what he was doing.

Malfoy was sitting in front of him, sipping tea from a small round tea cup. Looking very 'un-Malfoy' with his white blonde hair messy, and his vulnerable appearance. Yet, he seemed to have kept his natural sophistication. With his green cashmere sweater, sharp, pointed features, perfect posture, and brilliant blue-grey eyes...

Frankly, he didn't know what to do about it. Malfoy had clearly messed up memories, but at least he seemed to have remembered who he was. Which was something, because Harry didn't know what he would have done if the Malfoy heir suddenly didn't know who he was. He had told him about the accident, but decided against telling him they were after Malfoy and not him.

Harry suddenly realized Malfoy was looking at him, an odd expression on his face. He looked up and Malfoy immediately looked away.

That was peculiar...

Then again, the man just lost his memory and Harry was pretty much a stranger. Along with Hermione and Ron, of course, but they were upstairs reading about the little 'predicament' and how to fix it.

Malfoy then looked up again, setting his tea cup down."Um Harry?"

Harry didn't expect the odd feeling in his stomach of hearing Malfoy say his name, not at all.

"Yes?" He asked, setting down his own cup. Ignoring the uneasiness in his voice.

"What...exactly are you and me? You said we were getting coffee, and I don't remember that, but what was it? Was it business, as friends, or was it a date maybe?"

Harry coughed."No! Erm, no, I was returning your wand. I had it because of...an incident."

Of all things, he did not expect the ferret to suggest a date. If anything, he thought the pure blood that he was would be against any type of hinting towards homosexuality. Harry personally didn't care, he knew he liked girls, and he didn't exactly mind guys, but also happened to not know anything about this sort of thing. So keeping it to himself in hopes to find out on his own? Sign him up.

Malfoy this time raised an eyebrow."You're really vague, you know that? Honestly Potter, I want my memories, which means details."

That sounded very much like Malfoy before he was obliviated, and Harry reminded himself that just because he lost his memory, didn't mean he lost his personality. Which was sort of a pity to him, considering Malfoy enjoyed being a bit of a prat now and then.

But, then there was the image of Malfoy with a helpless look on his face, confused and alone when he asked Harry for help. How quick he was to comfort him at the bedside.

He never remembered any immediate comforting with anyone else. When Cho Chang cried over Cedric Diggory's death that one Christmas Eve, he didn't know what to do, he was incredibly confused, and in the end he just kissed her. No actual reassurance or 'he's always with you', which Harry had to scoff at. He'd lost too many people in his life to know that any type of reassurance doesn't go far. His parents, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Fred Weasley...the list went on and on.

Yet he comforted Malfoy with no hesitation, just to see him glow and stop looking so afraid. There was a time when Harry actually didn't help Malfoy with his helplessness. When Dumbledore died. Malfoy was crying for Merlin's sake, and Harry ended up almost killing the boy. Harry would never forgive himself for that incident.

Something about that helplessness reminded Harry about himself, and he decided that on anyone else, it just wasn't okay.

"Ahem. Are you there?"