The Beginning and End

"Professor Malfoy-Potter, would it be rude to say that seeing you all concentrated like that makes me want to snog you all day?"Harry asked, staring at his husband going over essays lovingly.

"Rude no,"Draco responded, not looking up,"Boring? Yes. Aren't Aurors like you supposed to be, I don't know, more exciting?"

Harry rolled his eyes."I get enough excitement chasing down criminals thank you,"he sighed with a small grin on his face,"But no, I came by to bring Odette watch her father grade student essays. Boring, isn't it Odette?"

Draco huffed to look at his seven year old daughter. She pushed her black curls out of her face, brilliant blue eyes looking back at him.

"It kinda is, yeah,"she quipped, unabashedly.

Harry gave him a look that said 'Told you'. Draco sighed and picked Odette up."Alright fine. Let's do something fun then."

"Like what?"she asked, eyes wide and excited."Oh! Are we going to come with daddy and chase down criminals, or werewolves, centaurs? Yes!"

Harry laughed nervously when Draco narrowed his eyes at him."Ah...no, don't think so."

"No, we're not,"Draco declared,"How does-"

"Quidditch! How does Quidditch sound?"Harry interrupted.

Odette leaped out of Draco's arms excitedly."REALLY? YES!" She left his classroom abruptly, still cheering loudly.

He sent a glare Harry's way."Quidditch? Absolutely not, what if she gets hurt? Our Quidditch hoops are high. So to the training field we go."

"She won't get hurt, she'll have us watching her. She's more than capable of handling a broomstick. You know Ginny started flying when she was six? Besides, it's better than potion making. I know you were about to say that. Come on, it's the holidays."

Draco crossed his arms, and kept his gaze firmly on Harry. Who sent back a pout. They continued like this until Odette walked back in.

"Are we going to play or what?"

~~~

"Come on Draco, weren't you on the Slytherin team because you were so good at Seeker?"Harry teased. 

"You played Seeker?" Odette asked, on her broom, eyes wide."Don't you need to be really quick to be Seeker?"

Draco smirked."Of course I played Seeker, and I was-am really quick."

"Oh look, you've let out your father's pompous side,"Harry was rolling his eyes, and holding a snitch in his right hand.

"What was that? Was that Gryffindor Seeker and Captain, Harry Potter talking about how pompous I am?"

Odette let out another loud gasp. 

Harry sighed."See, but I didn't show it off."

"When I'm old enough to go to Hogwarts, I'll be Captain of my Quidditch team! And I'll be the fastest Seeker ever!"Odette exclaimed. 

"Well,"Harry quipped,"How about you show us your skills then?"He let go of the Snitch, letting it zoom around the training field like a bee for a few minutes, then nodded to his daughter. 

She caught sight of it on the other side, and made a bee line for it. Its golden wings zoomed off as she made chase, then as a final pull, she reached out her hand and caught it just barely, tumbling on the grass. 

"Odette! Are you alright? No scrapes, scratches?"Draco asked, immediately at her side, like the mother hen Harry accused him of being. 

She held up her hand."I caught it!"

Harry was at her side next, grinning proudly."No doubt she learned from me."

"No no, I was always rather quick on the field,"Draco disagreed.

Harry scoffed."I've never not caught the snitch when I played. Clearly, she learned from me."

"Thank heavens she didn't learn air-headedness from either one of you."

All three of them turned to see a grinning Hermione, followed by Ron, who was holding the hand of a girl almost an exact replica of Hermione, and almost the same age as Odette, but older. 

"Rose!"Odette exclaimed excitedly.

She waved at Odette, and let go of her father's hand to have a chat with her.

"Oh, didn't quite see you there, Professor,"Harry teased, he nodded at Ron, who laughed.

"I think Harry's won the argument, Draco. Harry never did lose us a game,"he chortled.

Draco rolled his eyes, but didn't bother to argue back. 

"Anyway,"Hermione grinned,"Molly invited us all over for Christmas, and I was actually thinking of inviting Pansy and  Blaise."

Odette gasped."Christmas? Can we finally get Gypso a cute little sweater? Pleeaaaase?"

Harry laughed and whispered something to her ear.

Draco nodded, trying not to give his husband and daughter a suspicious look."I think they'd be delighted, especially since they'll be here and not off traveling some place."

"Oh great! Well that's all for now, I'm going to go pack my trunk in my office,"she smiled, and began walking back to the castle with Ron. Rose and Odette followed pursuit, racing each other back inside.

Harry turned to Draco, who had a calm placid expression on his face as watched them walk off.

"What's up?"he asked. 

Draco sighed, smiling softly."You know, out of all the futures I could have dreamed for myself, this one was definitely not one I could ever come up with."

"Being friends with them, marrying me?"Harry asked curiously.

Draco slipped his hand in Harry's."No-well a little, but no,"they began walking towards the castle together slowly,"I mean, one where I make my own decisions, and I'm happy about them. I daresay I'm the happiest a man could ever be."He glanced at his wedding band, then back at Harry, and sighed happily."This is something that not even the most powerful Obliviate spell could ever make me forget."

~~~~