Dinner Tension

Draco woke up feeling strange. Very strange. His head felt light, but there was something heavy on his lap...

He bit his lip to keep from yelping in surprise as he looked down and was met with a tangle of ink black hair. 

Harry was sleeping heavily, his round glasses were still on his face, lopsided. His bangs were messily out of his face, revealing the lightning bolt like scar on his forehead. He also happened to look exhausted. That was all fine and dandy, but Draco wanted to know just why Harry was on his lap sleeping like the dead

Yesterday, he made the attempt to confuse Harry with simply saying 'thank you'. It was practically his way of making Harry stand on end, which seemed like it didn't work. Either Harry saw right through his pettiness, or he decided to ignore it. 

He sighed. Harry actually looked peaceful when he slept, surprisingly. Waking him sounded like a bad idea, but Draco's stomach was grumbling, he hadn't eaten anything since before his meeting with Rita.

Right, that. His father was supposedly to be released today after all, and it was a shame he couldn't be downstairs writing to his mother or reading the prophet to see whether or not he had been actually released.

Draco huffed, looking at Harry's sleeping face. He was dreadfully attractive, and Draco hated himself for liking the idiot. He flicked a piece of Harry's hair and realized just what his memories brought back. Like the sudden personality awareness. As more memories came back to him, the more things made sense and the more he was in tune with who he is.

In a way, Draco wasn't one hundred percent pleased with those results. He found it easier to act negatively, he was much quicker to snap, and it was easier to hide his feelings, and for some reason, some of Harry's actions made him irritable. That didn't change his feelings towards him, however, and he didn't deny them either. He just wished he knew how Harry felt because the gryffindor air head was terrible at expressing emotions correctly. He was also really dense, which was something that Draco had noted since their first 'meeting'.

A groan snapped him out of his thoughts, and he looked at the dummy now, who was slowly stirring. The emerald green eyes that Draco realized he loved, fluttered open through long black eyelashes. They gazed back at him sleepily, making Draco's cheeks heat up. 

Harry yawned,"you're really cute in the morning when you're not spending all your time in the bathroom."

That only made Draco's cheeks burn more. He rolled his eyes, scoffing."Whatever, I just want to know why you're in my bed, and on my lap."

This time Harry sat up, sitting next to Draco. He sighed,"you had a nightmare last night, and I came to comfort you, but once I was next to you, it quickly went away and you were sleeping again."

"But-"

"I stayed with you in case you had another nightmare, I suppose this time I was tired and ended up dozing off...,"he looked away, and Draco noticed the hesitant look on his face.

"What is it?"he asked.

Harry bit his lip."I also, happen to have nightmares..."he looked back at Draco, his eyes soft on him,"and I suppose, sleeping near you calms me down...I don't have them when...I'm with you."