...and Found

I'm sorry this is late, but I had some writer's block, and I wasn't happy with the chapter, so I redid it when I finally got over it, and now I'm rather happy with it. So I hope you enjoy this chapter, and thank you for your votes, comments, and support!

~~~~

It was the last day of November when he woke up. Draco had been out for three days, and Harry had sent him to St. Mungo's at first in a flurry of panic. It wasn't until the second day that he brought him to Malfoy Manor to sleep off the wounds after they were treated. It didn't exactly feel right to bring him to Grimmauld Place when he hadn't been there for two weeks, not to mention, his mother was home, and really, there was no need for him to stay with him anymore.

There was faint scars on his limbs, and he was all too glad that they wouldn't last there forever, his vanity couldn't take it. On a brighter note, his memory was intact, which was something he found himself really thankful for.

The door opened and Harry walked in looking exhausted. Clearly he hadn't been sleeping well, if not at all. He caught sight of Draco and gave him a weak smile that told him an overdue conversation was just about to take place.

"You're awake, about time too. How do you feel?"

He ignored the thrill of seeing Harry's handsome face and glowing emerald eyes again, and went for casual talk."As well as can be expected, like always, my head is feeling like I got hit with a bludger."

Harry nodded, standing beside his bed. He paused, and then looked at"What were you thinking? Going out on your own after your own father got killed?" He asked. He didn't sound angry, but he sounded a bit...melancholy. His voice may have asked a different question, but his eyes were asking a different one, a hurt depth behind them.

Why didn't you owl me? Why did you leave?

"I just wanted a coffee, is that too much to ask for?" he responded, completely lying to Harry and himself. Again, he noticed the hurt in his eyes, and made it important not to look into them.

Harry shook his head, and looked straight into his eyes despite the other boy's obvious discontent,"Draco...don't. Just tell me...are you okay? Emotionally, mentally...Truthfully?"

He turned away instinctively. His conditioned trait to automatically tell him off and say that a Malfoy didn't indulge deeply into his feelings was itching to come out. The defensive, strong side of him told him to deny everything and deal with it on his own. How would that help though? Wasn't that exactly what he had tried, and then failing miserably? Ending up in a pool of despair, and ending up worse than before?

Harry kept his gaze firmly on him."Draco?"

This time Draco didn't automatically turn away and deny his emotions, Harry's gaze stopped him from doing just that. Something in his gaze completely melted the ice protecting his emotions, and suddenly he could feel a lump form in his throat and his eyes sting, his heart heavy.

"No, I'm not fine,"he said biting his lip. His mind couldn't fathom a time that he actually spoke those words, if ever was a time. He shut his eyes tightly, and he felt a warm calloused hand on his cheek. That small gesture was enough. He opened his eyes. Angry, heavy tears formed, whelmed, and dashed down his cheeks,"Harry I'm not okay."

Harry pulled him in, wrapping his arms around the now shaking blonde,"I'm here now, alright? When you can't be strong anymore, just know I'm here. I'll be strong for you."

Draco dissolved, feeling so vulnerable, but not caring for once in his memory-cut life. He didn't care because he knew he was safe, he knew Harry meant every word that came out of his lips. Never had he felt like this, it was like feeling free. Only the freedom he was experiencing was the freedom to feel and no fear of doing it. The heat was high, but he didn't boil over in a hopeless mess. Not this time.