Coffee Run-Ins

Despite their rules and tendencies to be total gits to each other, Harry and Draco actually found it not that hard to be living with each other.

Granted, Draco did get his wish about the furniture, and Harry made it a habit of telling him that he was already going to get new furniture, and that 'no it had nothing to do with you'. Though secretly, he was grateful for Draco's knack for house decor, and to have someone finally agree with him that the curtains Hermione brought for the house were dreadful.

The pair spent time going to the furniture store, on the way stopping by the coffee shop they had met up for Draco's wand(Draco learned it was named 'The Bean') and every now and then, walking in the park. Breathing fresh air (for the first time in ages, since being cooped up all day), stepping on crinkling warm colored leaves, sipping their coffees and just talking.

Not like Harry 'The Chosen One' Potter and Draco 'Death Eater' Malfoy, but as just Harry and Draco.

Just two boys who finally got some taste of how being 'normal' felt. They were carved men with scars, but inside, they were truly lost boys with the need to be normal. Desperately wanting to know how it felt like to walk down a street without worrying about getting mobbed by wizard reporters or getting threatened.

In only two months, Draco learned that Harry waited a bit before sipping his tea until finally drinking out of it when it cooled a bit. He learned that Harry always checked the security of the house in only his red pajamas bottoms before going to bed (only Harry did this thinking he was very fast asleep), that sometimes he would go to rub his eyes and accidentally forget about his glasses and end up smudging them, Harry's small intake of breathe and trace of a smile whenever he stepped out into a rainy morning, the way his left eyebrow twitched up slightly when he frowned at the Daily Prophet every now and then, and the way his lip would quirk up a tiny bit when he sensed Draco's presence...

Of course, these small details were things that Draco was sure his close friends knew too.

Of course they did.

Although, there was something about seeing Harry shirtless and in his pajama bottoms that caused some type of feeling in Draco's stomach that he very much preferred to ignore.

~~~

Harry didn't know what it was about Draco and his tendency to take ages in the bathroom, but all he knew was that whatever he did in there was not worth the time. It's not like Draco would wake up and look entirely different, Harry knew that for a fact since the first day Draco slept at Grimmauld Place.

He yawned as he made his way downstairs. Since Draco usually took forever, he didn't bother with putting on a shirt, and settled for his morning robes instead. Kreacher welcomed him, already setting up a kettle and cooking what looked like toast and eggs as Harry took his normal seat down at the kitchen table.

An owl swooped in through the window, dropping Harry the Prophet, then waiting expectantly at his side.

"Here you go,"Harry placed the sickle in the owl's patch tied to its leg, then it nipped his fingers and flew off.

Draco strolled into the room like he usually did in the mornings, already dressed, with his hair neatly combed, heading straight to the cupboard. Harry knew he was looking for the tea cup with the emerald green lining on the rim. He cleared his throat and Draco whirled around to face him. He froze, his face noticeably turning a shade of crimson.

"Looking for that cup?" Harry asked, cocking his head to the tea cup in front of him, suddenly brimming with hot tea.

Draco blinked."O-oh,"he cleared his throat, looking away from him,"yes, thank you."