Book II: The Fourth Driver

Chapter XII

     "Brighid, make a circle of fire around Mythra and then push it outward, that should keep the Scorpoxes off of her," I commanded.

     Brighid drew her whip swords and did so, the Scorpoxes were knocked back just enough so that Mythra could run for it. One Scorpox got right up on her as she ran, but I shot it through with my anchor shot. Instead of bringing it towards me, I spun it around and launched it into its fellow monsters. I pulled out the Aegis sword and used sword bash to launch myself into them at an insane speed, killing two of them. However the attack sent me into the thick of them.

     "Brighid! A sword!" I shouted at her.

     She threw her sword like a spear, driving it into the skull of the Scorpox next to me. I grabbed its handle and finished that Scorpox before flicking the whip out, I flung the whip in Mythra's direction, wrapping it around her waist.

     "Mythra, pull!" I exclaimed.

     She did so, pulling me out of the Scorpoxes. There were about ten left.

     "We can do it!" Mythra cheered.

     "Mythra, you may want to reevaluate that...," Brighid said.

     About thirty more Scorpoxes emerged from the ground.

     "Titan's foot!" I yelled out. "Brighid, block them off with a fire wall, we're making a tactical retreat. Mythra, hit them with Siren!"

     "Got it!" she replied.

     We booked it, the Scorpox couldn't keep up. As we finally began to slow down, the earth underneath us began to shake.

     "What the hell is that?" Mythra questioned in surprise as the sand began to rise in front of us.

     And then standing in front of us, stinger intact, was a fifty-foot long Scorpox.

     "How did this creature grow to such an enormous size?!" Brighid exclaimed.

     "We're never gonna get to Uraya at this rate!" Mythra complained.

     I had long assessed the situation and knew what needed to be done.

     "Hey Mythra, have you ever ridden a Scorpox before?" I asked.

     Mythra seemed taken aback. "Is that really an important question right now?!"

     I used the whip sword I had been holding onto and wrapped it around the base of the beast's tail, also while throwing the Aegis sword at Mythra.

     "Use photon edge! We're taking the stinger off this thing!" I commanded.

     Mythra decided to trust me and she went straight for the part my whip sword was wrapped around, as she did so I pulled the whip sword as tight as I could. Brighid used the second whip sword in the same manner I was using mine and together we pulled off its tail.

     Mythra finally seemed to know where I was going and she used the sword to hack off the beast's claws as well.

     "Good! Now follow my lead!" I shouted as I jumped into the beast and mounted it.

     Brighid instinctively threw me her second sword and I surrounded the Scorpox in a wall of fire, forcing it to stop moving.

     "Get on!"

     Brighid and Mythra both jumped on the Scorpox and I used the walls of fire to make a path straight to Uraya, I then began closing off the back end of the wall, forcing the beast to run straight for Uraya.