Book IV: The Third Aegis

Chapter XXVI

     We took one last trip to Indol, we completely eradicated it's capitol and all of the blade eaters we could find. By the end of it all Indol's history was no more. Forgotten, just as Torna was. We then took trips back to visit Zeke and Mòrag. Zeke was doing well in Tantal and definitely held the favor of his people and the other nations. Mòrag was able to recall our names, but she still had some healing to do before they could figure out what to do about her arm.

     During this time, each nation dissolved its military and the nations all united under one banner. Speeches were given by every single representative before they asked me to come and give a speech. I had to prepare it all (with Mythra and Adenine's help, of course). But holy Architect was it stressful.

     Mythra buttoned my tux and examined it carefully.

     "Didn't know I was going to be playing mommy today," she teased.

     "You're the one who volunteered," I snapped back. "Besides, figured the pretty one would be better suited for this."

     She let out an exaggerated sniffle and wiped a nonexistent tear from her eye.

     "So sweet," she jeered.

     I laughed.

     "All... done!" she said before taking a step back and looking me over.

     "Hey don't be staring now pervert," I jabbed.

     "I'm trying to make a crap stain look like a supermodel here, let me focus," she nudged back.

     "You clean up nicely for a prison bitch!"

     "Oh fight me!" I laughed.

     She laughed back before remembering something.

     "Oh! I have one final touch!"

     She pulled the bright emerald flower out of her hair, watched it turn golden, and then put it on my suit.

     "There, that should do it!" she exclaimed, obviously pleased with herself.

     I looked in the mirror, and she had done a great job. I was wearing a black suit with black shoes and belt. The shirt was royal blue while the tie and flower were gold, which matched my eyes. It looked different than what I was used to as far as dress clothes go, but I guess Alrest was just different, so I decided to roll with it.

     "Oh wow! There is a person underneath all that dirt and blood," I joked about my appearance.

     "Yeah, just had to do a lot of digging," she exaggerated.

     "Oh my Architect, well if we're done making fun of me I guess we should get going."

     "I'm sure I can think of a few more," she joked. "But I need to get dressed too so I'll be back in a bit."

     I began applying some cologne she bought as I waited. And then I, the mighty fourth driver, sat and twiddled my thumbs while I waited on her. Normal stuff.

     After about twenty more minutes than it should've taken, she arrived. She was still wearing her earrings and tiara thing, but she was wearing a gold dress that sparkled in the same manner that my flower and tie did. The dress was spaghetti strap and the dress hugged her body and was cut off right below her knees. Her core crystal was still exposed and she was wearing heels that matched her dress.

     "You look great Mythra!" I complimented.

     She smiled and blushed.

     "Stop staring pervert!" she yelled jokingly.