Book III Finale Part 2

Chapter XXIII

     Engulfed in a sea of white once again, I looked around.

     "Why did you lie to me?" I asked the voice. She had not yet spoken, but I knew it was her.

     "You told me six pieces existed and that I had to find five. You told me where they were. But you failed to mention the part where all of Ontos is in our universe, not just part! And there are only five pieces."

     "Lie? I did no such thing!" she retorted.

     "Then why would Ontos himself tell me differently?" I interrogated.

     "How do you know he is not the liar?" she questioned.

     "Because I know better. Ontos has always simply informed of what is to come, he lies to no one and will only act as the data commands him," I defended.

     "And you're sure that all pieces of him are in fact honest?"

     Ignoring the question, I asked, "When were you going to tell me that the pieces could be awakened, huh?"

     She grew irritated. "Zaccharias and Malos have awakened the pieces of Ontos, three awoken crystals are within Cereza. You and the Aegis have failed to awaken yours. You know how this ends if you fail."

     "Yes, I am quite aware," I thought for a second. "...Wait a minute I know you."

     "What was that?" she asked.

     "I know who you are! You're-"

     She cut me off. "ENOUGH! You will leave now!"

     And with that, I woke up.

...................................

     I opened my eyes to see myself on a rather large bed. Where was I? I turned over to see Mythra, also asleep in my bed.

     "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself, confused.

     I let her sleep and left quietly. As I walked outside, Rex was sitting right outside the door.

     "Oh good! You're awake!" he said.

     "Did... Mythra sleepwalk again?" I asked.

     "No, we couldn't get her to stop screaming, the only time she'd sleep peacefully was when she was next to you, so we put you in the same room. I've been waiting out here just in case she got... violent," he explained.

     I chuckled. "Thanks man."

     "It's no big deal, really!"

     Suddenly all of the memories hit me at once. Zaccharias, Malos, Poppi.

     "Oh my Architect! Where's Tora? Is he ok?!" I asked.

     "He didn't take it well, he's been mourning in his room for the past few days."

     "How long have I been out?" I questioned

     "Five days. Nia said you'd overstressed yourself. Between Mòrag, Zaccharias, Malos, Mythra, and Poppi... not to mention Nia and I, your entire body shut down. It wasn't pretty."

     "Waylon, I want you to promise me again," Rex started.

     I stared silently.

     "When Mythra wakes up, don't go and do anything stupid. Don't try and go kill her out of revenge, please."