Book III: Cutting Your Losses

Chapter XX

"Rex! We need to get Pyra and Mythra out of here now!" I yelled.

"What about Mòrag? We can't just leave her to fight on her own!" he argued.

"We're two blades short and she's surrounded by a wall of fire that's too hot to even get close to!"

Rex wasn't sure how to react, he couldn't leave Mòrag, but hearing Pyra's constant screaming... he couldn't ignore that either.

Mythra and Pyra both were still screaming and thrashing due to pain, I still couldn't understand why.

"We need to pick them up and pull them out of here!" I decided.

"What?" Rex questioned. "I can't lift her! Last time I tried that—"

"Last time you tried that you tried deadlifting her up about a hundred peds with a cord. Don't be so stupid, you just need to carry her like this."

I pulled Mythra into a sitting-up position before throwing her hand over my shoulders, putting her armpit over the back of my neck. I grabbed one of her legs and lifted her up so that she was effectively slung over my shoulders.

"It's a fireman's carry, it makes it much easier," I explained.

Rex did the same, with some slight difficulty, but managed to get her up.

"Alright, good to go!" he said.

Both Pyra and Mythra fell unconscious after we picked them up. They were both just crying softly and breathing roughly. I couldn't even fathom the amount of pain they were in. I motioned towards Umon's Shipyard and Rex followed behind.

"We'll be back Mòrag...," Rex promised.

...................................

Mòrag took a hard swing, Cereza narrowly dodging.

"Where is this speed coming from?" Cereza giggled, enjoying her first real fight since she resonated.

"It's a strength you can never have!" Mòrag replied, angrily slicing again before throwing her weapons to her blade, who charged into the wall of fire.

In doing so, Brighid's body became the fire in the wall, which meant she could strike her surrounded foe from any angle, which is what she did.

Brighid rushed out in a ball of fire, hitting Cereza multiple times. However, Brighid noticed a particular difficulty with this character. Any one of those blows should've broken her core crystal, so why was she still standing?

Brighid tossed her weapons back and showed up behind Mòrag.

"Lady Mòrag, this blade no longer possesses her core crystal. We cannot kill her," she warned.

"Then we see how much damage we can unload on her!" Mòrag took her swords and rushed her at an insane speed.

The two went at it, Mòrag and Cereza parried each other, switching from a constant state of attack to defense. Cereza couldn't land a hit, as Mòrag's agility was nothing to laugh at, however Cereza found herself getting constantly torn up by Mòrag's whips.

Brighid knocked Cereza on the ground and Mòrag went for her skull.

"THIS IS FOR EVERYONE WHO HAVE DIED BY YOUR HAND!" Mòrag shouted as she drove her sword through Cereza's skull.

...................................

Rex and I were full-on sprinting, carrying the Aegises on our soldiers. However soon a familiar figure came flying over us, landing a few feet away.