Book Finale

Chapter XXVIII

"Mythra, with me," I barked while walking through the hall of Anastasia's.

She opened the door drowsily and walked out. "Waylon it's four in the morning, what do you need?"

I grabbed her by her hand and by the time she blinked we were in the grassy, yet chilly field that was outside of Tantal.

She shivered a bit. "Alright I'm awake, it's cold though."

"You could always wear pants, or leggings. You want a pair of black leggings?" I asked.

"That's gross and would clash with this whole white thing I've got going on," she snapped back.

"Well what if you covered that area on your chest up? It'd make it a little warmer," I suggested.

"Stop telling me what to wear! Ugh, men," she complained.

"I'm only trying to help, but fine. But you're not allowed to complain that you're cold!"

She huffed. "What's the deal, Waylon?"

I pulled my sword. "I want to spar before we go fight."

She immediately summoned her own sword, the golden glow was almost blinding. "I'm not going easy though."

"That's fine."

I rushed her and we clashed, sending a large wave of energy out over the land. She threw me off and went for her own attacks, which I parried with ease. I shot out a few waves of energy, which she deflected with her own, sending more out towards me.

I raised my hand and a blade shield appeared, deflecting all of them.

We clashed for a bit longer, parrying and jumping around.

"Not bad," I complimented.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself. You going to tell me the real reason we're out here yet or not?" She saw through me.

I rushed her.

She jumped back. "Ray of Punishment!"

I slid underneath the sword strike and pulled her to the ground with an Anchor Shot.

I slashed my sword downwards, allowing a small Siren blast to head straight for her, she shielded it before jumping up.

"It's about Cereza," I finally started.

She flew at me and our swords slammed into each other.

"What about her?" Mythra asked.

"Are we sure killing her is the right thing to do?"

She balanced herself in the air on our two clashed swords before back flipping off and hurling a beam of light towards me.

"What do you mean?"

I slashed the beam into nothing.

"I mean something's not right. Poppi seemed to notice this when she fought her, and Cereza seemed to respond to it, and she showed emotion in our last fight, what's the deal?" I explained.

"So do you think she's coming around? And even if she is, would it be right for her to get off scot-free with all that she's done?" she said, rushing me.

I blocked and threw her back, firing a beam in her direction.

"I don't think she's changing her viewpoint, I think she's... remembering a part of her through us. Do you ever notice how she seems to have two separate personalities?" I pointed out.