Book IV: The Third Aegis

Chapter XXV

     When Mythra and I got back, the others were already mounted on Azurda.

     "Azurda, would you like a break? You've been moving an awful lot. Especially helping out the mercenaries on top of this," Mythra asked.

     "I would, but then who would take you to Indol?" he inquired.

     "I think we can manage it," I replied before taking her hand and igniting her sword.

     "Well if you insist," Azurda laughed before immediately falling asleep.

     "Oh Gramps, I should've paid more attention," Rex blamed himself.

     "Don't worry about it Rex," I cheered.

     "Yeah," Mythra continued. "He knew what he was signing up for. Come over here and we'll get to Indol."

     "How are you two finishing each other's sentences like that?" Nia asked, obviously creeped out.

     "I don't know," Mythra started.

     "But we think it has something to do with becoming of one true mind and spirit," I finished.

     "It's pretty neat!" Rex marveled. "Hey Nia! We should try it out. How about we...?" he started to try.

     "Shut up and leave?" Nia answered sassily, grabbing Mythra's hand.

     "Well I was gonna say 'try it out' but yeah," he laughed, taking Nia's hand. "Let's go with that."

      And with that, we were at Indol before we could even blink.

     "Wow!" Nia exclaimed. "What a rush!!"

     She ran ahead a bit, still on adrenaline.

     I immediately grabbed her by her golden shoulder strap and pulled her back.

     "NIA WATCH OUT!" I called as a blade eater attempted to smash its hand right where she was.

     Nia gulped. "Th-Thanks for the save."

     The beast's head fell to the ground as she finished.

     Mythra dropped down next to me.

     "Wait how did you both do that?" Nia asked.

     "Easy, I saw the blade eater, threw my sword to Mythra, pulled you back."

     "And then I went for the throat!" Mythra finished.

     "But the reaction time...," Nia started thinking. "Did you even see the monster Mythra?"

     "Nope, I just knew where Waylon was going," Mythra explained.

     "Unbelievable...," Nia said, still not comprehending it very well.

     I looked around. "Where's Azami?"

     "I don't think we brought her...," Rex answered.

     "Hold on," I said before disappearing and reappearing with Azami.

     "Wow that was fast!" Azami exclaimed.

     "Did you just do that without Mythra?" Rex asked.

     "Yeah, instead of drawing power from her, I think we draw power from each other," I explained.

     "It may be why we're so in sync," Mythra speculated.

     "You mean weird," Nia teased.

     "Alright, let's get going," I laughed. "We've got somewhere to be."