Chapter 19

Kaden yawned, hands on the steering wheel. I mirrored his yawn, snuggling into my sweater. We're going over to my house, since my dad is out of town and wants me to watch the house. Twenty bucks for doing nothing? Oh yeahh.

"You want the last cannoli?"

"Hell yeah I do," I tell him. Reaching into the paper bag, I gingerly take out my favorite dessert. "Thanks, K."

He smiles tiredly. "No problem Loo-Loo."

Then his car pulls into my driveway. We both get out into the chilled air, before walking into my house. Since we were gone all day, the house is freezing, so I turn on my electric fireplace is my room. We nestle into a bunch of blankets, with the lights dimmed while we watch TLC because we're both mentally insane.

I put the TV on mute, groaning as I get off my bed. "Sounds like it's raining outside. Should I play that record you got me?"

"The one from, like, seventh grade?" He laughs, turning on his side to face me,

I mirror his laugh, nodding, "Yeah. We've got nothing better to do."

"I still remember the words."

"Oh do you now?" I laughed, and it got worse as I heard him get up and start walking over to me, mumbling the words.

I turned around to get practically a face-full of Kaden's chest as he pulled me in, grabbed one of my hands and gently placed the other one on his shoulder. With his warm hand resting on my hip and making it tingle immensely, we swayed because we didn't know how to dance.

It felt like the only place I wanted to be. We were so close together and my ass was practically digging into the table behind me, but besides that the music soothed my ears. He hummed so quietly like he didn't want me to hear but we were just so close. How easy it would be to stand on my toes and connect our lips-

"Mmm," Kaden mumbled. My eyes stuck to his lips like glue, and he sensed it, running his tongue along them. "Your hair smells like green apple."

I shivered, reveling in his own minty smell, feeling the soft fibers of his shirt as I rested my head again his chest. As I did so, he put his chin on my 'green apple' hair. His hot breath came out his nose and onto my scalp, falling into a steady yet fast rhythm. Then I noticed how fast my own breathing was.

Kaden's heart seemed to beat against the song. The beats of our hearts danced fast, accelerating at the thought of how our bodies melted into each other so easily. We breathed as one, our hearts beat as one, and it felt as if I couldn't tell who was breathing or whose heart was whose.

"Luce?"

"Ya?" I whispered.

He lowered his lips next to my ear, then his deep voice said, "Spin."

We separated. His warm left me, the tingles gone, but his presence sent a feeling throughout my stomach. Our connected hands made a motion which allowed me to twirl- doing a spin like in the movies. When I did a full 180 spin, his hand was under my back, supporting me as I "dipped". I allowed gravity to take my head, relaxing my neck muscles before bringing my head back up, to be met with Kaden's lips greeting my own in a kiss.

His lips were plump like a bed of roses, and red and soft like the pedals of one. I didn't know how to kiss, so I let him take over, teaching me. Kaden kissed slow and gentle, as if my lips were glass and he might break them. And as my fingers traced his jawline and the back of his neck, he seemed to figure out that my lips weren't ceramic.

I felt his hands go down, slowly passing over my hips, caressing them. He felt my body like it was a piece of art, so he explored it, just like how my hands explored his chest and shoulders.

Suddenly his lips were hot on my neck and collarbone, and I squeezed my eyes shut before thinking "we need to stop." But it feels like the best thing in the entire world.

Without warning, he pressed my butt to the wall, then starts tugging at my legs like he wants me to jump. Instead I lift up one leg, and he holds it, massaging it while tugging my lower lip. I returned the favor by gently tugging on his hair, causing him to groan and deepen the kiss.

I've never made out with someone before, though that's pretty embarrassing. So this moment is absolutely perfect in my mind, his strong arm around my waist and his silky blonde hair entangled in my fingers- I'm practically melting.

He switches to kissing my collarbone, then eventually finds my "sweet spot" that makes me gasp and causes my legs to forget they have knees.

"K...." My voice is a breathy whisper. My mind is too wrapped around the realization that our bodies are pressed together.

He lets his soft lips go to my ear as he whispers, "Yes, beautiful?"

I again try to say something but I can't with him being so close and kissing me nonstop.

Kaden gently asks, "Do you want me to kiss you... here?"

He kisses my forehead, making me close my eyes in content. "Here?" He asks, slowly exposing my shoulder and pressing his lips to it.

I'm completely lost in a trance, dazed and ready to faint out of surprise and happiness. I take a deep breath to regain control and say, "Let's just cuddle while... watching Shane Dawson's new series."

"Okay," He responds, and with a swift movement, he picks me up and we fall onto the bed, his head on my chest while I play with his blonde hair, Shane's voice filling the silence.