Talking to the Moon

It's been five weeks, five weeks since the passing of my girlfriend, Lauren Jauregui. How have I been doing? Terrible. I've never been the same without her, she was the love of my life. I have been eating less, because of that I've lost a lot of weight. I haven't been going out much, if I am out of the house it is most likely to get some food.

Right now I am at my best friends concert, Halsey. This is the first time I've been out of the house this long. The reason I'm here is because I'm going to sing a song that I wrote, it's about Lauren, and I'm about to sing it to thousands of people.

"So before you guys leave, I have someone very special. She is one of my good friends. Y/F/N." Halsey introduces me. The whole crowd screams. I walk to the center of the stage where Halsey is.

"Nice to see you again Y/n. How you holding up?" she asks me. "I'm still coping up," I say. "You don't really have to do this you know," she says. "I want to." I say. Halsey turns back to the crowd. "I'll see you guys after Y/n has done her thing that she does best." Halsey tells the crowd then walks off stage.

"Hey guys," I say to the crowd, I hear some people say hi or hey. "So I'm here to sing you a song that is dedicated to someone who I love and miss very much." I could feel my eyes starting to get teary.

"M-many of you know her, and knows what happened to her. It's m-my girlfriend, L-Lauren Jauregui." I say. The crowd is quiet I see some with tears in their eyes, knowing they are fans of Lauren. "Now I hope many of you like it because this song means a lot to me." I turn around and see they already put the piano for me. I walk to it and sit down in front of the keys. I start playing.

I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away

I want you back

I want you back

My neighbors think I'm crazy

But they don't understand

You're all I had

You're all I had

At night when the stars light up my room

I sit by myself talking to the moon

Tryna get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too

Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?

At this point my face is full of tears, and my voice starts to crack, I feel like I can't keep going. I can do this, don't stop. Do it for Lauren.

I'm feeling like I'm famous

The talk of the town

They say I've gone mad

Yeah, I've gone mad

But they don't know what I know

'Cause when the sun goes down

Someone's talking back

Yeah, they're talking back

At night when the stars light up my room

I sit by myself talking to the moon

Tryna get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too

Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?

Do you ever hear me calling?

'Cause every night I'm talking to the moon