New Years

(I was supposed to make this on New Years Eve, but anyways here you go)

Y/n's POV

"I don't get why I have to come," I say to my best friend Dinah. "I was not going to leave you at your house alone on New Years Eve." she says. "Plus Lauren's going to be there, maybe you will could finally kiss her once it hits midnight," she says while smirking at me, I blush. "Pff, who said I wanted to kiss Lauren," I say. "Don't deny that you want to, you've been crushing on her for about a year already," she says. Well she's right about that. We walk out of my house to my car. We get in the car and I start driving to Normani's house, where the New Years Eve party is going to be held.

Lauren's POV

I make it to Normani's house for the New Years Eve party. The only big reason why I'm excited to come to this party is because Y/n's going to be here, and I'm not missing out on getting a new years kiss from her. I've had a big crush on Y/n for a long time, but I've never had the guts to ask her out.

I get out of my car and walk up to Normani's front door. I knock on it and wait for someone to open the door. How can I get Y/n to kiss me? I just got to make sure that I'm right next to her once the countdown starts.

I look up when I hear the door open. "Lauren you made it," Normani says. "Yeah why wouldn't I come?" I ask while walking inside the house. "I don't know, maybe if Y/n weren't coming you wouldn't have," she says. I blush at the mention of Y/n. "Do you know when Dinah's coming?" I ask. "Why? Do you want to know when your lover is coming since she's with Dinah right now," Normani teases me. I punch her in the arm, "No, I just want to know," I say. "Sure you do. Y/n's coming in a few minutes," she says while walking away. "I wasn't asking about Y/n," I tell her while turning around to where Normani was walking. "Yes you were, by asking when Dinah's coming, you meant Y/n," she says while turning to me. "Enjoy the party!" she yells while turning back the other way and leaving. I'm just going to go get a drink.

Y/n's POV

"WE'RE HERE!" Dinah yells. "You didn't have to yell," I say while turning off the car. "You don't tell me what to do," she says then runs out of the car. I swear this girl. I get out of the car and walk up to the front door which has already been opened by Normani since Dinah probably already rang the door bell. "Hey Y/n," Normani says then hugs me when I got close to her. "Hey mani," I say then pull away from the hug then walk into the house that is full of people. I would rather be at home than be here, I'm not much of a party person.

"I see Lauren over there why don't you go and talk to her," Dinah says. "Dinah you know I can't, I'll probably make a fool out of myself," I tell her. "Come on if you don't got talk to her you're not going to get your kiss or be able to go in a date with her," she says. I just look at her like she's crazy. "What makes you think that would ever happen if I just go talk to he- Shhh she's walking this way," Dinah interrupts me. I turn around and see Lauren walking this way. I start to feel nervous. "Hey Dinah," she says to Dinah. "Hey Lauren," Dinah says. "Hey Y/n," she says looking at me. "H-Hey Lauren," dang stutter. "Anyways I'm going to go find Normani, Y/n why don't you hang out with Lauren," Dinah says while smirking at me. I give her a look that says "don't leave me". Dinah turns around and walks away. I turn to Lauren, wow, she's even more beautiful up close. I see that Lauren is already looking at me. "So you excited for the new year to start?" Lauren asks me. "Y-Yeah, I can't wait to start off with a new blank page in my life," I say. "Yeah me too, I want to see if I could start my singing career this year," she says. "You sing?" I ask surprised. "Yeah I also write my own songs," she says. "That's so cool, you should let me listen to one of your songs sometime," I say, she giggles. That is my new favorite sound, other than just hearing her voice. "Yeah maybe, you should come over to my house sometime then so I could sing a song for you," she says. "Ooo am I going to be your first audience," I say. "Yup, you are," she says and laughs which causes me to laugh.

"Want to go get a drink with me?" She asks. "Yeah, sure," I say. We walk to the kitchen where all the drinks are, and get ourselves some. "I'll be back, I'm just going to go talk to someone," Lauren says. "Okay," I say then Lauren walks the other way. "So how's everything going with you and Lauren?" I hear Dinah out of no where. I turn around and see Dinah standing right next to me. "Where the hell did you come from?" I ask. "My mama, so tell me how's it going with you two, have you talked about kissing each other at midnight?" She asks. "What? No," I say. "That's never going to happen," I say. "You never know it might," she says. I just shake my head. "Oh, she's coming back, I better get back with Normani," she says then leaves. "Hey, what were you and Dinah talking about?" She asks. "Nothing much just talking about, um, how," Jesus I can't think of anything. "How she wants to kiss Normani at midnight," I lie, but at the same time it's true, Dinah does want to do that. "Aww that's so cute, Normani wants to kiss Dinah at midnight then also ask her out," she says. "That means they have a chance," I say. "Yeah, they do," Lauren says while just staring at me. "Are you Okay?" I ask. "Huh? Oh, y-yeah, I'm fine." Did she just stutter? "You sure?" I ask. "Yeah. Why don't we go sit in the living room?" She asks. "Okay," I say. We walk to the living room and sit down on the couch where nobody is really sitting.

~~~~~~~

Me and Lauren have been sitting on the couch for hours just talking, of course some people came over to talk with us, and of course Dinah and Normani also wanting to check up on us. I'm surprised I haven't done anything embarrassing to make her leave. It's about 2 minutes until midnight and I'm getting kind of nervous I don't know if I should just go for it and just kiss Lauren. Somebody stared passing out a wine glass with champagne and some grapes. I turn around and I could see Lauren getting nervous. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Yeah I'm fine just a little nervous," she says. "About what?" I ask. "I really don't want to tell you," she says. "That's fine you don't have to, but whatever it is don't think about it too much, just relax and enjoy these last couple of seconds of 2018," I say, she laughs a little.

"10...9...8," we hear people starting to count down. Me And Lauren stand up and start counting down too. "5...4...3...2...1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I feel someone grab my face and pulls me towards them. I freeze and realize somebody's lips are attached to mine. I realize it's Lauren. I close my eyes and start kissing back. I can't believe I'm kissing Lauren, her lips are so soft and so addicting. We both pull back when oxygen became a problem. "Happy new year Y/n," Lauren says looking into my eyes. "Happy new year Lauren," I say a little out of breath. "Will you go out with me?" Lauren asks. Did she really just ask me that? I realize I haven't answered her yet. "Y-yes. Yes I will," I say. Lauren jumps all excitedly then hugs me then gives me a peck on the lips. "I'm going to take you on a date tomorrow," I could get used to this. "WOOO!!!Finally you guys kiss!" Dinah yells. Me and Lauren just shake our heads while laughing. Lauren interlocks her hand with mine. I look down at our hands and then look at Lauren, who is already looking at me. We both just stare at each other with love in our eyes. "Alright, Alright, enough with the staring, we get it you guys are in love with each other," Dinah says while coming in between us, I start blushing. "Thanks for ruining the moment Dinah," I say sarcastically. "Your welcome," Dinah says. "Come on let's join the rest of the party," Dinah says putting her arm around my neck, and her other around Lauren's.

I'm glad I didn't stay home like how I wanted, or I wouldn't have had my first kiss with Lauren, or have my date with Lauren tomorrow.