0.1.

"Want another?" He offers me.

I grab the pack of cigarettes from his hands. "You don't even have to ask."

We were both lying in the grass, staring at the cloudy sky.

"We should go back, it's about to rain."

"Who cares?"

I take the lighter, feeling the heat of it in my face. I smoke a few times and let the acrid vapor drift out of my mouth.

"Let's go."

He takes my hand and quickly helps me up. While he closes his leather jacket, I put on my helmet. We got on his Ducati, the wind hits my body and I know my hair is a mess even though I'm using the helmet.

When we arrive at my house, I get off his motorcycle and leave the helmet on it.

"Okay, I think it's time to go inside." I smile sadly.

I really hate being in my house.

"If he hurts you, you just have to call me or whatever. I'll come for you."

"Thank you," I kiss his cheek. "See you later."

He smiles at me and puts on his helmet; when he sees I'm about to get inside of my house, he turns on the engine and gets lost between the New York's streets. Before going to Hell and letting the 3rd World War begin, I take another cigarette. I light it up and start to smoke this 'life-killer' until my throat starts to feel heavy.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?!" I turn around when I hear my father's voice.

"I'm murdering my lungs..." And then, I regret my sarcastic tone.

My cigarette hits the grass at the same time my body is pushed to the ground. I feel a sharp pain when I notice that my father is pulling my hair brutally, I try to get rid of his grip but it's impossible because he keeps hitting my body without any hesitation.

"Hey! Let her go! You're hurting her!"

My father looks up at the person who was shouting to him and I sigh: I was grateful, yeah, but I was fucked too.

I lift my eyes and stare at the guy, he has a look full of sorrow. And I hate it, I hate those looks.

I recognize him after a moment: he is from my school. Also, I remember I saw him in the neighborhood, but I never really care... I still don't care.

I stand up and I inhale, trying to look stronger.

"It's better for you to go away."

He gives me a warning look. I look at him for a second and turn around, taking another cigarette while I'm going inside my house.

I didn't want anybody to know that my father was an abusive one, neither want them to know that he killed her. That is the reason I am like this with everybody, apart from Zayn: my one and only friend. He is the one that is always there for me, the one that understands.

I start to go upstairs but stop my actions when my father slams the door and faces me with his dark gaze. Before he sees it, I hide the cigarette behind my back.

"If I ever see you smoking another cigarette, I swear nobody will save you."

And it is the truth, he is being serious.

When he says he will do it, he will do it. But I don't care... If he ever does something to me, he would be doing me a favor. I'm not gonna lie, besides that... Well, I am terrified.

At night I cant sleep because of the fucking nightmares about him killing me and some other crazy and similar things.

I lie in my bed and take another cigarette. I am a lost case, but this is life. When I finish it, I throw it out of the window. I take another and keep smoking until I get tired. I lost the count in the seventh one, Zayn told me I "should start to smoke less" but I told him I am okay. The effect is pure pleasure, it heals me quickly and not even a single thing can do that.

I get closer to the window and sneak out, finding the big tree.

My tree... My only partner for years. This tree has tattooed all my memories.

I sit there, supporting my back against the tree while I keep smoking.

"Psss!" I look around, trying to find the source of the voice. "Psss, here." I look at my left and I see the curly guy that "saved" me.

I watch him reluctantly and go back to my previous position. I catch the cigarette with my lips and absorb the smoke.

"Are you okay?"

"You still here?"

"I'm sorry, I can't stop thinking about the man that was hitting you..."

I focus my eyes on him. How could he even say it? Oh, wait a minute. I fucking know why. I'm pretty sure he is faking this conversation and tomorrow he will tell it to every soul in the school's hall. This is how the rumors work.

"I get it. Tomorrow you will tell to everyone that my father hits me, am i right?"

He shakes his head.

"Then, I want to know what you're going to do." He stretches a bit taking the cigarette that minutes ago was hanging from my mouth and throws it to the ground.

Oh no, he didn't... fuck.

"What the hell are you doing?! You have no idea how much I paid for one of those! They're the good ones!" I start to panic.

"Pretty girls don't smoke."

Oh my god.

"Well i'm not one. For your information, I do smoke. A lot." I open my jacket and take a new one looking at him with a smirk on my face. I put it between my lips and inhale more smoke.

"I'm Harry, Harry Styles." He says, reaching out his hand in my direction.

I glance at his hand and then at his eyes. Why the hell am I talking to him?

"Harry Styles..." I pronounce his name, almost analyzing it. "You're a rich boy, huh?"

He seems to doesn't understand that I won't shake his hand.

"Let me help you... you know, about your father's thing."

"Help me? You? No, thanks. Boys with pretty faces and lovely smiles aren't my type."

"You could be nicer and stop judging me."

"That's why you have to stay away from me. I'm not nice with anyone and I won't be nice to you. Let's forget the fact that you 'saved' me from my father and that we're talking now. Just go back to your room and let me finish with this." He smiles to me. I don't get why the hell he is doing that. "Did I say something funny?"

"Bad girls are my type." A silence fills the space.

This boy was irremediable.

I close my jean jacket and start to make my way back to my window, going inside my room. But before I lock myself on it, I turn around and with a strange look I say something i'm sure I will regret.

"My name is Cassie... Cassie Stonem."

And just like that, I close the window.

-------------------------

hiiiiii! special thanks to @hxrrystars for editing this chapter!

comment, vote and all that stuff x