Ch.3

"Monica! Where are you?" Stoica shouted as the group searched for Monica and Zenet. They were the only two missing. Stoica wished it had been Ryuga missing instead of Monica. Stoica hated staying near Ryuga too long. He was just a total menace in his eyes.

"Monica! Monica! Answer us!" Kyoya shouted. "Where in the world could she be?"

"Who knows? We don't even know where we are," Tsubasa replied coming up beside him.

"We'd better find out soon," Gingka piped up. "Monica! Zenet! Where are you?"

"Don't we already know that doesn't work?" Ryuga growled.

"Oh! Shut your mouth!" Stoica snapped. Stoica glared at Ryuga for a moment before looking around. "Monica! Come on!"

"This isn't funny, Monica!" Kenta shouted.

Stoica halted underneath a tree. He guessed Monica was running around looking for them with Zenet. She probably wasn't having fun since it was with her rival.

"Hey Stoica!" Stoica jumped a little. He looked to see Monica hanging from a tree branch upside-down.

"What are you doing?" Stoica asked.

"Looking for you and doing what I did when I was young at the same time," Monica answered. "Right Zenet?"

"Yep," Zenet appeared hanging the same way Monica was. They gave each other a fist bump and everyone stared in shock that the two rivals got along so well. All except Stoica and Ryuga. Ryuga didn't care and Stoica knew Zenet.

"You two..." Gingka began.

"Get along better than we did a little while ago?" Monica finished for him.

"Yeah. Why?" Madoka asked.

"We're more than rivals," Monica explained. "We're also childhood friends.

Race you to the top, Monica!" Zenet went back up into the tree.

"Oh! You're on!" Monica exclaimed as she followed. Kyoya just stared in amazement. They are the strangest rivals I've ever seen.

"Are we really seeing this?" Kenta asked.

"Yep," Yu answered simply.

"How can rivals get along that well? Kyoya and Gingka don't get along that well," Madoka asked.

"They're different!" Monica's shout reached their ears.

"Are you two going to stay up there all day or are we going to find a way out of here?" Ryuga asked impatiently.

No answer came. Stoica could hear the two girls whispering to each other and giggling. "What in the world are those two doing?"

"I still don't believe what I'm seeing," Madoka said.

"You never do," Tsubasa sighed. "I have never been able to figure them out." Kyoya then looked at Stoica and a teasing smile spread across his face. "Maybe (Monica's) her boyfriend can figure it out."

Stoica clenched his teeth. This was the reason he didn't want to tell them. "Keep your mouth shut!" he snapped. Kyoya just laughed. "Monica, come down here right now!" he called up the tree.

"I don't think you want me too," Monica called back.

"Why not?" Stoica asked.

"You won't like how I get down," Monica answered.

"Just get down here and get Kyoya to shut his mouth," Stoica growled.

"Hey! Monica has a friend who is much worse," Kyoya defended.

"Ok, but you won't like it!" Monica agreed laughing. "Let's go, Zenet!"

"Stoica, something tells me you should..." Benkei never got to finish before Monica and Zenet came plummeting to the ground, Monica landing on Stoica and Zenet landing on Ryuga, knocking the breath out of both of them. "...move," Benkei finished.

"Nice shot, Zenet!" Monica laughed.

"Same to you!" Zenet replied.

"What'd you do that for?" Ryuga groaned.

"What do you think, grumpy?" Zenet countered.

"Monica! What was that for?" Stoica asked as he began to regain his breath.

"For fun, what else?" Monica answered. "What do you think I used to do to my brother?"

"You have a brother?" Gingka asked.

"Yep, but he can be very annoying. That's why I always would jump out of a tree and land on him. Zenet would do it to her two older brothers too," Monica explained.

"In case you hadn't noticed I'm not your brother," Stoica growled.

"You're my boyfriend though," Monica reminded him.

"What excuse do you have?" Ryuga asked Zenet in a growl.

"It's called having fun. You might want to try it sometime, so called Dragon Emperor," Zenet answered. The two girls then got off the two boys and gave each other a high five. Stoica got up and brushed dust off of him.

"Can we please just focus on getting out of here?" Stoica asked in frustration.

"How? We don't even know where to look," Ryuga growled.

"Or where we are," Tsubasa added.

Kyoya looked at Monica and Zenet. "They might," he said. Everyone looked at the two girls.

"Do you?" Kenta asked.

"Sorta kinda," Monica answered.

"We end up here everytime we battle," Zenet added. "Although, if it's your first time coming you have to be careful, because there's so much danger, it's not even funny."

"What kind of danger?" Yu asked.

"Evil versions of yourself who are out to destroy you," Monica answered.

"Say what now?" Madoka asked.

"Did I hear you right?" Gingka asked. "Did you just say evil versions of ourselves that are out to destroy us?"

"You heard right," zenet confirmed.

"And you've...encountered them?" Madoka asked.

"More than once," Monica replied.

"Remember the last time and how much trouble they gave us?" Zenet asked.

"Oh yeah! How could I forget when..." Monica began.

"Still here you know," Ryuga growled.

"Sorry, grumpy," Zenet apologized. Ryuga gave her a glare but didn't say anything.

"So you know how to get out of here?" Kyoya asked.

"Of course," Zenet replied.

"How?" Benkei asked.

"We need to find one of our alternate selves and that person must beat their alternate selves in a battle," Monica explained.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Kenta exclaimed. "Are you crazy? If they're out to destroy us we'll just be making it easier for them!"

"You'd be surprised at how easy it is to get away from them," Zenet said. "They aren't too smart when it comes to preventing their targets from escaping."

"Well, if it's the only way...then we have to do it," Gingka said.

"We'll just have to," Tsubasa agreed.

"Where do we even start looking?" Benkei asked.

"You just choose a direction and go," Zenet answered. She then whispered something to Monica and the two girls deviously smiled as they dashed off.

"What are you two doing?" Stoica asked.

"Having fun like we used to!" Monica called.

"Hey! Wait up!" Yu called as the group ran after them.