Ch.7

Monica awoke in the morning and sat up in bed. She let out a large yawn before getting up and heading out of the room, being careful not to wake Stoica. She saw madoka out in the hall talking to Zenet with Ryuga leaning against the wall looking annoyed. Monica giggled a little before joining the small group. "Are you guys boring Ryuga?" she asked, amused.

"No," Zenet answered just as Ryuga answered, "Yes."

Zenet shot him a look before turning back to Monica. "We aren't even talking to him."

"That doesn't mean you're not boring him," Monica pointed out. "Trust me. I have experience the same thing happening with Stoica."

"Yeah really," Madoka said. "I still can't believe you fell for him. He's cruel."

"No he's not. He's fun and playful but when it comes to battles, he's serious," Monica argued.

"Whatever you say, Mrs. Mitsuki," Madoka teased.

Monica narrowed her eyes. "Really? You're doing this now?"

"Why not?" Madoka countered. "I'm supposed to tease you."

Zenet took a step back from the two, not getting involved. Monica just rolled her eyes. "Whatever Madoka."

"By the way, do you have the necklace that Stoica got you?" Madoka asked.

"Yeah, it's in my pocket why?" Monica answered.

"You should show it to Zenet," Madoka replied with a smile.

"Yeah sure. Come over here Zenet," Monica said as she reached into her pocket. Zenet came over and the three girls made a circle. Monica pulled out the necklace and showed it to Zenet, the light reflecting off the shiny, red heart, shaped stone. Zenet stared at it smiling.

"Pretty, pretty! Shiny, shiny!" she joked, which made both Monica and Madoka laugh. Zenet always knew how to make somebody laugh.

"Yeah, Stoica got it for me for my birthday," Monica said, smiling.

"Lucky duck," Zenet commented. "I've never gotten anything like that on my birthday. How did he even afford that? That had to be expensive."

"I really don't know, but you don't see Stoica going around stores and spending money," Monica answered. "I'm surprised he even went in the store to get me this."

"He wasn't going to but then I asked him if he wanted to get you something nice and that got him in there," Madoka replied, with an amused smile on her face. "He didn't have an argument then."

Monica smiled and shook her head. "You just love making him do stuff don't you?"

"You have no idea how amusing it is,"madoka answered.

Monica sighed, feeling a little bad for Stoica.

"Guys! We've got a problem!" Everyone looked down the hall to see Reji running up to them. Monica tensed as he stopped in front of them. Ryuga narrowed his eyes. He obviously still didn't trust anyone here.

"What's wrong, Reji?" Zenet asked.

"It's those bladers," Reji answered as he caught his breath. "Their making their way here!"

"Say what?" Monica exclaimed. "They're coming here?"

"Yeah," Reji nodded. "We suspect that they know you're here."

"What do we do?" Madoka asked.

"Get everyone up and meet downstairs," Monica answered. Madoka and Zenet nodded and headed down the hall with Reji and Ryuga while Monica ran back to her room. She opened to the door to see Stoica up staring out the window, as calm as ever. He turned to look at her when she entered the room. By the look on his face, Monica could tell that he knew something was wrong.

"What happened?" he questioned.

"Our evil selves know we're here and are headed this way. Everyone's meeting downstairs," Monica explained. Stoica nodded and followed her out of the room. They got Kenta and Benkei before heading downstairs where everyone was waiting.

"How far are they?" Monica asked Doji.

"They're in the woods now and heading toward the base at a fast pace," Doji explained. "The front door is locked at the moment, but I don't know how it'll stand up to them. The door is pretty sturdy but with all the bladers they have they could break through pretty easily. If they get in here we're in big trouble."

"Then we'll have to stop them outside," Gingka piped up.

"But wouldn't we just be giving them what they want?" Yu asked.

"They are out to get us after all," Benkei added.

"That's true, but we can't just sit by and do nothing," Tsubasa answered.

"I agree with Gingka and Tsubasa. We have to stop them outside," Kenta agreed.

"I can't ask you to put yourself in danger like this," Doji said. "If you'd rather, I can get a helicopter to take you to a safe location."

"No way!" Zenet snapped. "We stay and fight!"

"But then you'll be playing right into their hands," Reji reminded them.

"Who cares? If they want a fight, they've got one," Ryuga growled.

Doji and Reji looked at each other and nodded. "Alright then. Let's go." They then led the group out to the front of the base.