Ch.4

Monica and Zenet led the group through the trees. They all were glancing around with cautious looks on their faces...all except for Ryuga and Kyoya that is. They both seemed as calm and grumpy as ever.

"So wait, Stoica is your boyfriend?" Zenet asked in a whisper.

Monica nodded. "Yep."

"Never saw that coming," Zenet sighed.

"I never thought you'd run into Ryuga," Monica countered.

"I could hardly believe he agreed to come and meet you, even after I told him how strong you were," Zenet admitted. "I expected him to say it was a waste of his time."

"That is a very rare thing for Ryuga to do, though you probably know him better than I do," Monica agreed.

"He's not that bad after you travel with him for awhile. I mean, he can be rough, and he acts tough, but once you get to know him...he's much more than that," Zenet explained. Monica raised an eyebrow at her rival. She had never heard Zenet say anything like that before about anyone. She'd never imagined hearing her say it about anyone either, let alone Ryuga.

"Zenet, do you maybe like him?" Monica asked, cautiously and silently.

"What?! No way!" Zenet snapped.

Monica smiled mischeviously. "Oh yes you do!" she pressed. "Come on! Admit it!"

"No! I won't admit something that's not true!" Zenet defended.

"Still not buying it!" Monica said.

"What's going on up here?" Kyoya asked coming up beside Monica.

"Zenet is in love!" Monica whispered in her ear but it didn't stop Zenet from hearing.

"I am not!" Zenet argued.

"Who?" Kyoya asked.

"Ryuga," Monica answered.

"Whoa! That's almost as unexpected as you and Stoica," Kyoya commented.

"I already told you; I don't like Ryuga!" Zenet pressed.

"Sure, we all believe you," Monica said, not believing a word she said.zenet glared at her before walking faster and getting ahead of them.

"You and Zenet both are lovebirds," Kyoya teased.

"Hey! It can happen to anyone!" Monica defended.

"What in th world are you two talking about?" Tsubasa asked.

"How much further do we have to go?" Yu added.

"It's not much further. Trust me," Monica assured him.

It wasn't long after they said that before they saw the city, which looked exactly the same as the one in their world.

"Is that where we're headed?" Kenta asked.

"It's around here," Monica answered. "We have to slide around the edge of the city to get there."

"Where are we going that's not in the city?" Benkei asked.

"Dark Nebula's base," Zenet answered, simply.

"What?!" the group exclaimed in shock.

"There is no way I'm going there! Doji's probably there," Ryuga growled.

"Did you forget that we're evil in this world? That we're opposite of what we are in our world? The same works for Doji. Here he's the good guy," Zenet explained.

"And sadly...Reji too," Monica said with a shiver.

"How do you know Reji?" Gingka asked.

"Weve been here before, remember?" Zenet reminded him. "And Monica's not even the biggest fan of Reji even here."

"Why's that?" Tsubasa asked. "If he's good here, how bad can he be?"

"It's not that he's a bad guy, it's that Monica's fear gets in the way of things," Zenet replied.

"Zenet! That's enough now! They don't need to know all my secrets!" Monica whispered.

"Not done yet!" Zenet said back. "Consider this payback for teasing me on the way here."

"Zenet!" Monica growled.

"What is Monica's fear?" Yu asked. "She's never mentioned anything she's afraid of."

"She's afraid of snakes, and Reji is like a snake," Zenet answered. Monica fixed a glare on Zenet that never moved. Zenet gave her an innocent look.

"I know that look," Kyoya said. "Monica, what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking someone's going to be running for their life the whole way to the Dark Nebula's base," Monica answerd, not taking her gaze off Zenet.

"Me? But I didn't do anything," Zenet said, innocently. "Besides, nobody could ever chase me and catch me."

"Don't hold your breath," Monica retorted before she took off after Zenet, fast as a bullet. The others took off after them.

"Why do they have to do this now?" Kenta panted.

"I don't know, but they're starting to act like rivals again," Kyiyalaughed.