Chapter 3

"Kara, I love her too but we can't keep her here anymore! She's dangerous!"

My parents were arguing in the next room... Again. I sat on the floor, tears pouring down my cheeks as I muffled my sobs.
"So, what do you want us to do? Throw a little kid out into the world alone?! She's still our daughter, Mike!" My mother yelled.
"Oh don't pretend you care about her now! You and I both know why you wanna keep her around!" My father roared in return.
"Keep your voice down, asshole, she's in the next room!" She whispered
"Listen, turning her into a weapon was a good plan until she started getting angry... What if she kills us, Kara?"

"She won't. She still doesn't know that it's her. She still thinks we love her."

The words stung my ears. My heart shattered and my blood boiled. Fire was now all that was being pumped through my aching veins.
Fire.
My cold eyes pierced through the crack in the door as hate led me to stare at the couple.
Instantly they burst into flames. Bloodcurdling screams were all I could here. It didn't hurt anymore though. My tears dried. Nothing could hurt me like this again.
Nothing.

I thought it was a freak accident. Call it karma. Turns out it was me. I had been playing God this whole time. So, when was I going to get what I deserved?

*Flashback over*

My eyes shot open as a deep breath escaped my lips.
I looked around, noticing the familiar surroundings. I was in my room. But how? What time was it? Who brought me here?
My head felt like someone had shoved a railway spike through it, as I sat up and slowly turned to dangle my legs off the side of the bed.
My lips were dry, my breathing shallow. All my vision was clouded and my eyes narrow.
Everything felt... Off.
I slowly stood up, instantly falling to the floor. As I looked down at my legs, I noticed a bloody bandage wrapped around my knee.
"What the hell?" I leg out, grasping my knee.
"You fell and cut your knee wide open on your way down. Lost a shit load of blood too." The woman I met at the bar (Sally) explained.
"What happened? What's going on?" I asked as she helped me back onto the bed.
"You drank enough whiskey to kill an army and collapsed... And now I've been charged with looking after you." She rolled her eyes, lighting a cigarette.
"By who?" My eyes narrowed at her as she sat back in one of the chairs.
"by..... My boss... " she said as if hiding something.
"Are you just gonna sit there and stare at me all day?" I asked, mildly annoyed by the situation.
"Are you gonna be a bitch all day?" She replied.
"Yes." I smirked.
As I spoke, I saw the vague hints of a smile upon the woman's hurt face. She looked like she'd been through so much... It wasn't fair. I just hoped to God that she was nearing the end of this torment. Sally was rude and antisocial, sure. But who wasn't? She actually seemed like a kind person. She was just so broken.

"You never told me why you're here, anyway..." She looked at me, curiosity in her eyes.
"Why do you need to know?" I said sternly.
She looked at me for a moment before letting out a long laugh "You've got a dirty little secret... I knew it!"
My face turned cold, like it had done many times before.
"I'm just on vacation."
"Bullshit."
"Fine...."

*Flashback*

"What do you mean, you're throwing me out?! This is my apartment too!" I screamed, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.
"I mean, I've found someone else. She's actually got a REAL job." My boyfriend replied.
He was a tall, slender man. He had dark hair and piercing blue eyes. We met years ago at a concert. It wasn't long before things got serious and next thing I knew we were moving in together. I should've known it was too good to be true. I'm not the girl in the white dress.
I never will be.
"Fuck you! You can't even play guitar!" I yelled, throwing his guitar onto the couch.
The whole time his new whore was sat sniggering. I couldn't take it anymore. She was a total fake little Barbie bitch type. The kind of girl who'd act all sweet and innocent and fuck any guy she meets because she's too weak to be her own woman.
I hated her. I hated her so fucking much.
Next thing I knew, she was screaming. I'd set her alight.... Like she'd set my entire world on fire. Poetic justice, I suppose. As my boyfriend ran to her crisp of a body, I heard sobs escape his lips.
"I'm so sorry, Bella. You know I love you. We can still be together." he stood up, looking me in the eye. Wind from the window behind me bashed against my face, blowing my hair.
"You betrayed me, Cane."
I stepped closer to him. My face boiling with rage, my voice as cold as ice, my eyes not shifting their gaze from his own.
"You made me weak. I can't let that happen again" I spoke.
Before he could react, I shoved him out the window.
He was gone.

*Flashback over*

"Holy shit." Sally replied after hearing my tale. "You just killed them and didn't care? I'm impressed."

"I wish I could say the same. I don't feel guilty about killing them... I just feel guilty about feeling nothing at all."

"That'll go away. Get some rest" She sighed and left my room.
Once again, I was alone in room 64.