Chapter 23 (end)

My black leather boots padded along the sidewalk. Long black coat, baggy band T-shirt, black hat and black jeans. Just like the first time I'd made this trip. I was no longer in New Orleans. The place I was so accustomed to, the place I'd grown up. So many memories. But the past is the past. It should stay there. And I'm done living my life for the past.
No more living for others. It was time to start living how I want to live.
I strode along the busy streets. Passers by rushing to get to their destinations, me taking my time and prowling like an alley cat in the moonlight.
I wandered along, passing through an ocean of nameless faces that all seemed to blend into one.
The concrete floor had cracks beneath me as I turned in my step. Bright sign shining down onto me that read 'Hotel Cortez'. It flickered a hello at me is I made my way to the door. My hand pressed against that familiar metal. I took a deep breath.
This was home.
The door opened up as I strolled inside the lobby. Warm colours and huge chandeliers showed the old decor. I kept my sunglasses fixed upon my cold blue eyes as they wandered around the room.
I strolled up to the front desk, bag in hand.
"Hotel Cortez. How may I be of service to you?" Iris queried before actually turning around.
"I'd like to book a room please."
She turned to face me, suddenly. Her eyes wide and jaw open.
"Bella? You're back?" She asked, gobsmacked.
"Well, I couldn't just leave you guys behind, now could I?" I smiled.
"Are you staying?" She questioned in return.
I merely nodded.
"Which room now, Iris?" I heard the familiar voice of none other than Liz Taylor call.
"Room 64, please, Liz." I said, shifting to face her.
"Bell?" She stopped, shocked at my appearance.
I smiled and nodded back at her.
"I missed you both too. I'd love to catch up later but, for now, I have someone I need to see."
They both nodded and Iris handed me my old key to room 64.
My boots trudged along the carpet to the elevator, stopping once I was inside.
Oh how familiar it all was. How much id missed it. My finger traced the buttons before pressing that of my floor.
With that familiar creak, the door shut and the elevator went up.
I sighed. This was the hardest part. How do you return to someone whom you left without a single word, a single nod. How do you come back to them after you just left them in the dirt?
I suppose we'll see.
The elevator stopped. Here goes nothing.
I walked out, into the long dark corridor. It was unusually silent, leaving me with just my thoughts. Usually the sounds of sex and murder would be jolting through this hall. Not tonight. Tonight there was nothing.

I stopped in front of the door to Room 64. There was no need to unlock it as it was slightly open. In the corner of the room, I saw James.
A smile crept up onto my lips. I'd missed him so much. This time, I'd finally let myself admit it. I stopped at the door, unsure what to do, unable to enter.
He was playing cards and all I heard was his once vibrant voice mutter, "I suppose Solitaire it is."
He sounded so depressed, so uncharacteristically down. I'd never seen him like this before. It was quite honestly, heartbreaking. Without a second thought, I opened the door and stepped inside.
"You got room for two?" I asked.

Boom. That's it. That's a wrap. I did it. That's the end.
Enjoy.
Tell me if you want an epilogue to wrap shit up.
Also kind of wanna do a book 2 because I loved writing this book SO much. I actually think this is my favourite book out of all of the many books I've written over the last couple years. I FOOKIN LOVE IT. IT'S MA BABY. So, if y'all are up for a book 2, let me know.

Also tell me what ya think of this one. Thank you all so much for the AMAZING support. I've felt a lot of love with this book and I'm so glad that y'all have kept reading it and hopefully enjoying it.
Thank you guys.
Love y'all.
Byeeeeeee