Chapter 13

I sat down on Sally's bed, making myself at home. Me and Sally had gotten quite close as I'm the only person who actually gives a fuck. Meanwhile, she's the only other person in this damn hotel with decent taste in music... Excluding James, of course, since he died before Rock and Roll was even a thing. And of course, now I'm imagining the look of horror on James's face if I were to play him Black Sabbath or Fleetwood Mac.
I'd learned that behind Sally's gruff exterior, she was just lonely. And, surprisingly, I was able to grant her some semblance of comfort. However, that meant she could be rather terrifying. She has, many times, asked if I wanted her to kill me. I, of course, declined and shortly after would see nothing more her for days. And, when I did finally see her again, she'd be traumatized and shaking.

"What's up?" I asked, popping the 'p'.
"You want a drink?" She answered me with a question in her gravely voice.
"Nah, I'll pass." I replied indifferently.
"Well that's a first." She chuckled.
"I'm tryna get my life back, Sal. Can't do that if I'm pissed all the time."
"C'mon, one won't hurt, Im having one. It'll be fine." She said sounding like one of those advertisements for peer pressure among teens.
I gave in. She was right. One glass wouldn't hurt.
She brought over two glasses of whiskey and sat beside me with a smirk.
"Now mind telling me what's going on?" I asked once more.
"cheers." She spoke lifting her glass.
I mimicked her action before taking a swig of my drink.
Out of nowhere, I began to feel light headed. My head pounded, my heart raced, I was in a dream state, falling into a trance. My cold eyes shot up to meet those of Sally. She wore a sad smile on her lips and tears in her eyes as she looked back at me. I fell backwards onto the bed, the world now blurring so immensely that I didn't know if I could stay conscious much longer. What was happening? What had she done to me? More importantly, why?
"I'm sorry Bell." She whispered in my ear. As my eyes closed I heard her say, "He took John from me, I won't let him take you as well."
That's when everything went black.

REALLY short chapter but it's just a filler, I'll be updating soon. I just felt like I needed to leave this on a cliffhanger.
Love y'all
Thanks for all the support with this book over the last few weeks. It's gained a fair few reads and it's always nice to see y'all voting and commenting. Tysm it means a lot to me.