Chapter 20

I got dressed into a baggy band T-Shirt, shorts and leather boots. My dark, almost black, hair draped over my shoulders and bounced in waves as I walked.
My steps turned down the hall, taking me down the tall staircase, light shining upon me as I strode carelessly. I walked down to get food. I was STARVING. It'd been an entire nights sleep since I'd last eaten and after being dead, I wanted eat as much as I humanly could.
"I hear she died." I heard someone whispering from inside the cafeteria.
"Yeah apparently she was a ghost!" someone else joined the gossip.

I strode inside, knowing full well they were talking about me. Who else here had been a ghost? I would say who else here had died, but no one stays dead in this coven.
"Ugh why is she even here? They should've just left her there." One finally whispered in return.
For some reason, I just saw red. Some part of me took over. In an instant she was pushed against a wall, my hand wrapped around her throat.
"Get off me. I'll kill you!" She choked out.
"You don't look like much of a killer to me, Emma." I began, "Me on the other hand..." My grasp upon her throat tightened as I looked into her deep brown eyes.
Cordelia ran into the room, prying me from the young witches neck. Telling me to leave so we could talk in private.
I looked back at her in rage, "You got something to say, say it, bitch."

I looked down at my shaking hands. It took every ounce of strength I had not to kill her. And for what? A few words? I wanted so desperately to squeeze the life out from her, watching her bright eyes drain into a dull grey nothingness. Why? What was wrong with me?

I talked to Cordelia, promised it wouldn't happen again. She explained that she understood given the circumstances of my asylum to this coven.
But what next?
Someone looks at me wrong and I cut out their eyes?
The worst part was knowing that it would feel so good to watch her burn.

Was I a killer now?

I sat in my room, reading and thinking. People were keeping their distance from me as of late as to avoid my temper. I suppose you can take the girl out of the hotel but never the hotel out of the girl? I sighed. When did things get so complicated? I left so that I could fix myself, even that seems unfathomable now.

"I just need what powers I can get from this coven and then I'm gone." I kept reminding myself but it hurt no less to know that I would never belong here.

I wasn't a good person. Never had been. Never would be. I just needed the closure. 

My fingers danced along the words of the page.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Edgar Allan Poe.

Filler chapter sorryyyyyyyyyyy