Another Day to Grieve

Two Years. Two Years after the war ended between the Overlord and the royal knights. But even though they won at the end, they lost. Princess Nya died in the saving of one of the new Kings who has proven himself worthy of the throne. 

The team never assembled after that day. Kai was crowned king on his twenty-first birthday not so long ago. Cole was taking his role of king very seriously after all the trouble his father has caused before his banishment. Zane has been doing the same thing as he always did ever since his father passed away way before this adventure even started. As for Jay himself, he never left his castle. 

He stays indoors all day everyday thinking everything would remind him of what he lost in the past. What was even worse was the terror attacks by the Samurais that happen frequently now, and no one has ever been able to stop them. Lloyd was the only one to continue fighting and has been in every battle with them, well that was until a month ago. He was taken prisoner along with Wu and Garmadon, they haven't been seen since then. Queen Misako has been taking the duties of her family and is more strict than ever. 

The clouds were dark and gloomy as they always are in the kingdom of Zelda. In the newly formed kingdom was a huge, bricked, structure where King Jay stayed everyday of his miserable life. He never let anyone in except Zane, but besides him no one else. As he remember like it was yesterday, 'go help him, he needs more help than me' those words were stuck inside his head for what feels like forever. 

Inside Jay's castle, was a nice little workshop about the size of two living rooms from the richest people of the land. There stood King Jay and King Zane, Jay was fixing up the new titanium arm he had hand made for Zane after having his whole arm ripped out of him. You could hear the small clicks and squeaks from the tools the former knight in blue used on the arm. It was usually very quiet when they see each other for many reasons, but like always they never wanted to talk about anything since that day two years ago. 

Once Jay tightened the last screw on his friends arm, he put his tool down and wiped the sweat from his forehead giving a gentle push to his dark, brown, curly hair. The King sighed, "Thank you Jay. I appreciate your service" Zane thanked his royal friend. Jay just sat there in silence in his wooden stool as he always do when Zane tries to talk to him, but this was the last straw. 

As Zane was about to leave, he turned over to Jay with a concern face, "Jay, I know you haven't been the same since the last battle, but Ninjago needs you. The team needs-" The King of Zelda interrupted the Stiix King, "What team Zane? Since when did we have a team? After what happened last time, there is never going to be a team" Jay snapped.

"Jay, it's been two years. Your not a teenager anymore, you're a grown adult with responsibilities for your kingdom. I know that losing Nya-" Jay cut in once again, "Don't say her name" He hissed with a raspy voice. The Master of Ice never heard Jay say that before, that's how he knows he was really hurting inside. "We know what happened. But you know that you weren't the only one that lost something. Kai lost the last bit of family he had. I don't understand why you two don't talk, but unless you still want there to be a kingdom to save. Then grow up" and with that, Zane stood up and as he reached the door he paused right in his steps.

"By the way, River went missing awhile ago from the Fire Temple. I thought you should know" Then he walked out of the workshop leaving a sadden, depressed, lonely Jay Gordon crying on his wooden stool. 

Meanwhile, in the deeper part of the woods was a dark, big, cave filled with a couple people covered in armor. The one armed soldier though was in red, black, and yellow armor covering it's entire body with a matching helmet to go with it. With it was a man without his helmet on, but still had his copper armor on him; he had light brown skin, hazel eyes, and chocolate brown hair. Those were what looks like the main commanders and everyone around them were followers, except three of them. 

The three were tied in chains around a rock made of the strongest vengestone money could buy. One were covered all in green robes with cuts and bruises on his face, another covered in purple and black robes, and the last one was in white attire almost fitting for a teacher. The mysterious, red, armored soldier walked up to the captured souls with a single katana in it's left, gloved, hand. 

The man in green tensed up as the ground vibrated slightly, "What do you want, Samurai " he hissed as the figure walked up closer to them. The Lead Samurai bent down to the sitting boy level, "I want nothing from you, or your family. All we want is people to be free. And you are going to help us find the other rulers of Ninjago" It's manly voice commanded. 

"Like I'll ever do that" he snarled. The Samurai laughed, "Oh Lloyd, sweet innocent Lloyd. You don't know what I'm fully capable of" It said. Lloyd raised an eyebrow at the strange behavior, "Really and what would you do if I don't comply?" He asked a bit curious. The leader smirked under the mask, "Lets just say your old pop wouldn't be having a pleasant journey" It said as it held its katana near Garmadon's neck, "I don't think you would want him to drip blood would you?"

Lloyd thought about it for a moment, "I'll do it for one condition" He demanded getting whispers from the other warriors. The Samurai was interested, "And what would that be? My dear prince?" 

He paused, "I want to see the man under the mask" he offered. There was a silence through the cave waiting for their leader to answer the request. It sighed, "Fine. It's not like you can go tell anyone anyway" then it pushed a button on the side of it's helmet bringing down the upper folds of the helmet. Once it stopped making sounds, the figure lifted up it's helmet reveling all its facial features getting a gasp out of the three figures. 

"H-How is that possible?!?"