The Spell

Her words stung like a knife. The hisses coming from her mouth could send thousands to collapse to the ground. It was scary. Everything about her was scary. And he didn't like that at all.

Her eyes full of hate and despair, a devious smirk upon her pale face, and what broke his heart the most was that it felt genuine. Playing with the blood of her former lover along her fingers. It's all going to plan, just like she always wanted. 

"Now, let me get this correct. You want to bring back the widower's love, and her parents as well?" Mystake asked the samurai. 

Dilara nodded her head sneaking in a devil smile you could only see up close. The old woman got out a big pot almost like a cauldron that would be summoned in witch craft. But to be fair this WAS witch craft from the looks of things. The witch grabbed ahold of the small dagger Dilara had given her and threw in it the brew.

She placed dust of diversity of colors into the boiling pot creating a dark brown glistening to the ceiling. Mystake smiled and looked up at Jay and Dilara, "You might want to take a step back. It gets a bit messy if not done correctly" She warned. The two took a couple steps back taking caution of their actions from the other containers of glowing substances on the wall. 

Mystake raised her arms and waved it around the cauldron closing her eyes whispering mumbles of words, focusing on her work. "You took these souls, buried them deep. Blood runs circles around their corpses. With the dagger that brought them to that Underworld, I summon you back and feel your freedom!" The witch shouted with a bright light blinding to whatever meets the eye. 

Suddenly, two figures started to form. Red velvet robes came into view surrounding the tan figure creating the strong king there once was. Blue cloth swirling the women from top to bottom creating a long train of fabric down her legs. Gold and silver designs dancing around the cloth sewing itself within the interior. Black, silk hair reveled from it's jeweled crown letting it blow within the breeze. Gasp filled the room as the King of Zelda saw their faces.

"Queen Maya? King Ray?" Jay blurted out, his face going white. 

  The royal parents looked at the man they used to despise. There faces said it all, the hate, the anger, Jay couldn't even imagine what else they could be feeling. They were brought back from the dead, and at any moment they could explode. 

"Jay Walker? The thief that wanted to steal my daughter's heart on her wedding day?" Ray questioned with rage filled in his voice. 

Jay rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "It's Gordon now actually."

Mystake grabbed a couple candles and walked up to the boy with the sword that killed Nya in her free hand. She positioned the candles in its corresponding corners. The red candle positioned at south, the green one at north, a yellow candle in the east, and the blue one in the west. Mystake bowed down to the former knight raising the sword to him awaiting for him the take it from her grasp. 

Before he could take it, Maya asked, "Where's my daughter. I could only assume you would know where she is." 

Jay bit his lip and took the sword from Mystake, "She'll be here soon enough" he told her. The witch pointed to the middle of the diamond that formed of the candles almost making it look like a compass. 

"All you have to is sit in the middle of the candles, hold the sword with both hands, and chant the spell" She explained to him. He obeyed and sat between the four candles and looked over at Dilara. 

"I don't know what you are planning or what the point is to bring the royals back from the dead, but I do know that you won't get away with it. But I also know that you are going to bring back the love of my life, and for that I thank you. Maybe you can have a change of heart when all of this is over" Jay confessed, "Now what's the spell Mystake?" 

The woman grabbed a small piece of paper and placed it in front of the boy. She snapped her fingers and the candles lit up. "Keep repeating the spell until your love comes back from the dead" She informed him. 

He nodded and started chanting the spell, "Beautiful goddess, powerful god, hear my prayer! Lords of fire, burn my desire, times three. If it is meant to be, bring Nya back to me!" The sword started to glow from its purple blade.

Dilara gripped her hair, squeezing her eyes shut moaning in pain. The spell was working just not what she realizes it would. Jay didn't listen to her cries all he did was chant and chant and chant, "BEAUTIFUL GODDESS, POWERFUL GOD, HEAR MY PRAYER! LORDS OF FIRE, BURN MY DESIRE, TIMES THREE. IF IT IS MEANT TO BE, BRING NYA BACK TO ME!" 

The samurai started to crumble. She collapse onto the ground screaming more than what her lungs will allow her. Jay couldn't even hear things anymore he kept repeating the chant, "BEAUTIFUL GODDESS, POWERFUL GOD, HEAR MY PRAYER! LORDS OF FIRE, BURN MY DESIRE, TIMES THREE. IF IT IS MEANT TO BE, BRING NYA BACK TO ME!!!" 

That's when the screaming stopped. The was silence. Jay stopped doing the chant and glanced over at Dilara. Her body almost lifeless, her eyes closed shut, and pale complexion shimmers through the room. 

Jay ran over to her and cradled her in his arms, checking her pulse to her still breathing. He whispered in her ear, "Nya, Nya please come back to me. I know you're in there please come back" He pleaded tears threatening to fall from his electric eyes.

Dilara's eyes fluttered open to see the King of Zelda looking down upon her. Her ocean blue eyes studied the man over her with his arms around her. She leaned closer to him their faces getting closer together until their lips touched. It was soft, smooth, and gentle. "Nya?" Jay asked her pulling away from the kiss.

"Yes, Jay?"

"It's really you." He tightened his grip on her never wanting to let go. 

"Jay?"

"Yes?"

"I've made a big mistake."