( 𝟎𝟎𝟒 ) the shifting beta

'second chance at first line'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ALYSSA HAD TO suffer yet another day of school, just to look out for Scott. She couldn't believe how annoying it was becoming to have to watch over him twenty-four seven, just to ensure that he didn't do anything stupid.
She was sitting on the bleachers, watching the boys as they were herded together, about to play a game of lacrosse.

Alyssa could see Derek from across the field, if she was human, she wouldn't have been able to spot him, but because she had censored abilities that an average person doesn't have; she could see him.
He was watching out for Scott aswell, knowing that lacrosse isn't a good thing for him to be playing at the moment, due to the violence that the sport included.

Anger will make his heart rate speed up, which ultimately triggers the shifting process, which means that Scott has a high chance at transforming on the school field, in front of his whole team and the students who were watching.
That is why Alyssa and Derek were here.

"Let's go! One on one from up top! Jackson... Take a long stick today. Atta boy. That's how you do it!" The coach yelled, as the team were warming up, "Greenberg, take a lap. Let's go. Faster, Greenberg! Let's go!" He shouted, blowing his whistle.
Alyssa really hated that whistle, she wanted to crush it.

"McCall, what are you waiting for? Let's go. Hey, McCall. Hey, McCall!" The coach shouted.

"You sure you still want to be first line, McCall?" Jackson asked Scott with a smirk, after he had failed to get the ball into the goal, he knew that Scott was struggling.

This was another person from the school that Alyssa didn't like, and that was Jackson; the only person from this school that she even remotely liked, was Danny.
He seemed to be the only one who wasn't completely in love with himself, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

"My grandmother can move faster than that. And she's dead. You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?" The coach asked Scott, when he failed to make yet again, another shot.

"Yes, coach." Scott mumbled, keeping his head down, trying to control his anger.

Coach shook his head, "I can't hear you!" He shouted at him.

"Yes, coach." Scott repeated, sounding more irritated than the first time.

This time, when the coach blew the whistle, Scott went running for the goal, only to slam into Jackson, hard. She couldn't say that he didn't deserve it, because he did.
But now, she could see that Scott was shifting, so she had to do something about it.