( 𝟎𝟏𝟎 ) another innocent killed

'the tell'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ALYSSA STOOD ON the roof of a building next to the video store, looking down at the gory scene before them. The alpha had murdered, yet again; but this time, it was a man who was working at the store who was killed.
Derek and Scott were beside her as they all observed the scene below them.
There was scattered glass from where the alpha had presumably jumped out of the store, along with broken shelves, and the blood from inside the store, leaving trails.

Coincidentally, Jackson and Lydia had been at the store at the time time that the attack had gone down; Jackson being inside the store and Lydia was in her car as it happened. Why he hadn't killed Jackson, Alyssa didn't know.
"Starting to get it?" Derek asked Scott, still looking down at the various police officers and paramedics that surrounded the area.

"Uh..." Scott muttered, "I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean, this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" He asked, confusedly, while still looking down at the scene.

"No." Derek told Scott, "Were predators. We don't have to be killers." He stated.

"Then, why is he a killer?" Scott asked the question that both of the Hale siblings wanted to know.

What made it more confusing, was that the murders had no connections; first a bus driver, now a video store clerk. Originally, Derek and Alyssa had gathered that the alpha wanted power, but this just made no sense.
"That's what we're gonna find out." Alyssa announced, before walking away from the scene, with Derek. Scott following behind.

∘ ∘ ∘

"You know. I have a life too." Scott told the Hale siblings, as he followed behind them into their house. The whole journey, from the video store, Scott had stayed silent, thinking things over.

"No, you don't." Derek told Scott, not looking back to him.

"Yes, I do!" Scott protested, raising his voice, "I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or..." He got cut off by Alyssa.

"Pack. Part of his pack." She corrected him, feeling gross at the expression that he had used to describe it.

"Whatever." Scott huffed, "I homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry." He told the Hale siblings, as if homework was the most important thing in the world, rather than stopping a murderous alpha from killing people.