A Talk

Y/N's POV

After hours of tossing and turning, I gave up on trying to sleep tonight. I sat up on the couch, listening to the rain softly hitting the window. The sun was already starting to come up anyway. I left a thank you note on the table and changed back into my clothes that were now dry.

It was still partially dark outside, but at least it wasn't raining as hard as it was earlier.

I went inside my house and to my room. I layed down on my bed and this time I actually fell asleep. For 2 hours.

I wasn't completely refreshed when I woke up, but I had enough energy for now. I heard a knock on my door and I opened it.

I saw Sabrina twiddling her thumbs and rocking on her heels. She looked up at me and stopped. "Can we talk?" She asked nervously and I nodded.

"Sure." I said with a small voice. I let her in and closed the door. We sat down on the couch and neither of us said anything. I decided to speak up.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." I said, looking down. "I know I should have just let you explain instead of blowing up on you. I really, really didn't mean that at all."

"Why didn't you just let me explain? Do you really think that I'm a cheater?" She asked.

"No! I-i don't know. I guess I just got angry and it slipped out."

"Have you ever thought that I would actually do that to you? I thought I make it clear that you are the only person I love." She said.

"No. I promise you that I've never once thought that. I know that you would never do that to me." I said.

"Gosh I hate myself so freaking much right now. I'm just really, really, really sorry about this whole thing." I answered. She put her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her.

"I know honey, but you shouldn't. It's my fault too." She said softly.

"Can we just forget about this?" I asked, hopefully.

"No." She said. "I'm not forgetting about this. I want to remember everything that happens between us. Whether it's a argument or even a simple I love you. I'm going to remember everything."

"I want to remember everything that happens between us, too." I said.

After all this, she's still with me? "I really don't deserve you." I mumbled.

"Of course you do. Why would you say that?"

"It's just that I keep messing things up. I just don't see why you still love me when I keep doing things that you would be disappointed about. I basically ruined a family reunion between you and your sister Shannon. Because of me, you almost died like maybe three times. I just don't understand how you're still with me." I explained.

"I told you that none of that was your fault. Just forget about the past, okay?" She said.

"I'm trying to. It's just really hard too when someone keeps reminding you of it." I quickly shut my mouth. At college, some people remind me of everything that caused Sabrina to get hurt.

"Who keeps reminding you of it?" She asked me, concern written on her face.

"No one. Nobody." I said.

She had a look of concentration as she looked at me. "You're lying. Is someone bullying you again?"

"I'm a grown woman you know. Would that really be considered bullying?" I asked.

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

"Oh..." I said.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.