Chapter 9 × All About Ashley

(Killeso's POV)

I sat in the highest chair, above all other Powerful. I watched as all the disgusting supernatural threw insults at the vampire who fed without consent.

'Law 14: No supernatural is allowed to feed on a human.

Law 15: No supernatural is allowed to feed on an unwilling supernatural.

Law 16: No supernatural is allowed to feed while intoxicated.'

The three rules that the man broke stood on a podium that was directly above his kneeled body.

I watched as they threw tomatoes at him as he silently cried while staring at the dirt filled ground. My future wife had called a few minutes ago to inform me of her whereabouts.

I immediately knew something was wrong with her. Her normally excited and happy voice gave away her sadness. It sounded like she had been crying and I didn't like that.

I'll kill whoever hurt my doll.

'Ours, human.' Aeranian said with a petty roll of his gold eyes.

'Yeah, whatever.' I replied with boredom. The man only had about twenty minutes left in the stadium.

Just then, my phone rung. I pulled the phone out and saw that it was a top guard and closest acquaintance to me, Derrick Johnson. Although, no one calls him Derrick except me when I want to annoy him.

"What, Johnson?" I asked emotionlessly. Deep down, I was extremely worried that something bad had happened to my princess.

"Mr. Blane, sir. We have an issue."

"Elaborate."

"Well, it seems that Ashley Flanigan made Ms. Trahvin cry by insulting her. The guards wouldn't let me help, because we are supposed to make sure she is not physically hurt. But sadly, her feelings were hurt during Ashley's rant. Her brother, Hunter, protected her though. He stood in front of her and used his magic to push Ashley's skirt down, which gave the whole store a, as he calls it, not-so-pleasant surprise."

I growled angrily at Johnson's words. My baby was sad and crying because of Ashley.

Ashley is my ex girlfriend. We only dated for two weeks in total. We always argued, which was for many reasons. For one, Ashley would cheat because I refused to sleep with her.

I always told her that I wouldn't. She thought that she could coax me into it, but that never happened. I wanted to save myself for my mate and I still do.

'I told you she was no good. She was a whore, nothing like little mate.' Aeranian growled. He was angry that I ever dated Ashley, and also that she hurt our mate.

'I was lonely. Mate was nowhere to be seen.' I defended.

'BECAUSE SHE WAS BEING TESTED ON IN A LAB!!!' He screamed at me, making my head pound, while baring his teeth.

'I know.' I replied with a sigh.

If I'm being honest, dating Ashley was a sign of weakness that I fully regret. I was lonely and angry that I was 24 and without a mate. I thought that maybe my mate had mated someone else or died, but that was impossible because I didn't feel the pain of the mate bond breaking.

But now, now I've found my Fayore. She's the most beautiful being I have ever seen in my life. Her striking purple eyes and sunset pink and rose gold hair drawls me in like a steak does a starving dog.