Chapter 38 × Fight

(Third Person's POV)

Fayore, Killeso, Mila, Yoko, and Hunter stood in front of the house, staring at the red door blankly.

"Is anyone gonna open it?" Hunter whispered loudly.

Killeso nods and walks to the door, attemting to make no noise, however, that plan backfired as the door groaned with every inch it moved.

The group quickly shuffled into the house, quickly closing the door behind them as to not allow the moaning and groaning of the door to last too long.

"OH HELL NO!" Screamed Hunter, jumping into Killeso's arms.

Killeso instinctively caught Hunter bridal style in his arms and looked at the wizard with a glare.

"Quiet." Killeso hissed lowly.

"There's bugs! Hunter doesn't do bugs! I refuse to go any further into a bug infested house." Hunter said aggressively, not moving from Killeso's arms.

Fayore, Mila, and Yoko looked around, finally noticing the small cockroaches and ants crawling on the walls and huddling in the corners of the room.

Mila, also being disgusted, jumped onto Killeso's back and clung to him in fear.

Yoko and Fayore, however, slowly began approaching the walls.

"What are you doing? No!" Hunter and Mila whispered as Killeso silently watched the pair.

The two girls reached a hand up to touch the wall full of bugs together. Once their fingertips brushed the wall, the bugs immediately started to crowd around their hands, not touching their fingers, but close.

"Oh my f*cking goddess. Eww." Hunter gagged as Mila looked away.

"Go." Fayore softly whispered to the bugs.

The bugs seemed to understand as they all crawled to the door, crawling out the house and back into nature as a soft breeze of wind blew past.

Yoko and Fayore turned around and looked at their three friends. Yoko looked shocked and very happy and Fayore looked pleased as well.

"Let's go." The hybrid spoke, walking ahead of everyone in her pink camouflage crop top, leggings, and matching hat that she insisted on wearing.

Everyone slowly followed after her, Killeso tossing Hunter aside and to his feet. The four followed after Fayore as she walked, but she soon came to a stop.

"I-I dunno where to go." She stuttered, her cheeks red from embarrassment.

Killeso chuckled quietly, stepping in front of her and grabbing her hand, beginning to walk slightly ahead of her, "I got it, Little Doll."

The group walked through the house quickly and swiftly. Killeso tried not to focus much on the memories that invaded his mind, but Mila, on the other hand, let the different memories consume her.

"Hey...you okay? If not, I can ask Killeso for you to turn back. Or I can even ask you for you to sit in the car with Sydney. Maybe he'll-"

"Yes, I am fine. Just... memories." Mila responded, nudging Yoko with her elbow and smiling tightly.

"You still remember stuff?" Hunter asked, butting into the conversation.

"Yeah. I don't know if Kille knows I still remember, but I do." She nodded, staring at the corner where she remembered curling into a ball whenever Killeso told her to.

"Why wouldn't you remember? You were, like, 11 or something. You still remember some stuff around that time, I thought."

"Well, Twat, he took me to see a therapist after we moved. I just...I couldn't even fathom the thought of telling all my problems to some stranger who probably really didn't care. So, I pretended like I couldn't remember much."