Chapter 23 × Lovers Ball (P.2)

(Third Person's POV)

Yoko froze as she stared at the disgusting male she is forced to call mate in front of her.

Alexander.

Laura was clinging onto his arm. She held confusion and slight pain in her eyes as her mate called another his.

"Come. Now." Alexander said, his hand pointing to the ground in front of him.

Yoko scoffed and looked at him, "Sorry, King Alexander. I don't work like that."

"Girl," Alexander hissed, his eye twitching, "come here, now. I could care less of how you work now. You will be taught to follow commands in due time."

Laura was now in the state of slight anger. She was confused and lost, two emotions she despised. She felt slightly as if she was being rejected, but she also felt strangely happy.

Johnson stared at Laura, him being enchanted by her beauty. He could smell that she is a wolf, like him.

"Alexander...I thought I was your mate?" Laura said, disconnecting herself from the man.

Alexander chuckled, "No, Laura. You were simply...a place holder. When I saw you at the party, I enjoyed your beauty. I decided to get the Royal Witch, Theodosia, to give you a temporary mate spell. It will ware off in, say, a day?"

"You placed a mate spell on me?" Laura growled, her eyes turning black.

"Yes, I did. You will be fine, though. I'm sure your mate won't mind. You served your king well, especially when you'd cry as I took you." The Werewolf King smirked.

Laura angrily shifted into her wolf. Her wolf was angry. Her wolf was under the impression that they had to please his disgusting ways as a duty to their mate.

She was wrong.

Laura prepared herself to strike Alexander, but she suddenly felt as if she was being sniffed.

Her head snapped to the left, seeing Johnson in his blond haired wolf form.

Mate. For real this time, Laura thought.

The group watched everything unfold. Fayore had never grasped just how horrid Alexander was until he told what he did.

She hated him. That was an emotion that Fayore has only ever felt with The Five.

To everyone's shock, Johnson dropped to his back, rolling over so his stomach and neck were bared to Laura.

Johnson is Laura's submissive and everyone now knew.

Laura gave a wolfy grin and shifted, causing Johnson to follow suit. They grabbed each other's hand and walked away, not before Johnson gave Alexander a glare but nothing else.

Johnson knew that Alexander was about to get what he deserves.

"You put a mate spell on my friend. You raped my friend." Yoko hissed, her eyes full of hate.

"Yes, but-"

"No, buts. I refuse to even acknowledge that you were my mate. You disgust me, Alexander." She said, causing Sydney to gasp at the disrespect and bravery of Yoko.

"Okay, you may have opinions. But you may not voice them. You cannot do anything about our bond, so live with it." He grinned, believing he had won.

"Oh, really," Yoko laughed sourly, "I, Yoko Matsumi, Heaven Air witch, hearby reject you, King Alexander Saint III, as my mate, lover, and protector."

Alexander suddenly roared angrily as a white line between the two became visible. The line snapped and Alexander ran into the woods, constantly ramming his head into trees as he tried to force his wolf to stay with him.

Yoko breathed out slowly, tears leaving her eyes. She wasn't sad at losing Alexander, no, she was sad that she felt pain at losing him. She was sad that the gods and goddesses hated her so much that they decided to give her a douche for a mate.

"A-Are you okay, Yo-Yo?" And just like that, at the sound of Fayore's soothing voice, Yoko crumbled to the ground.

She wailed and cried as she stuttered out words, "W-Why? W-Why did he have to be my m-mate? All he does is h-hurt people!"

Sydney slowly detached herself from Fayore and walked over to Yoko. She bent down and stared into Yoko's lifeless eyes.

"The gods...I believe you were meant for this. You, Yoko, may have a second chance."

"What do you m-mean? There are no second c-chances!"

Sydney looked at the girl and gave a small smile, before standing and shuffling back over to Fayore.

Killeso walked over and pulled Yoko up by her waist, "Listen, Yoko. You are stronger than this. You are the type to walk back in that ballroom and let everyone see just how strong you are. You don't need a mate, you never have. You take better care of yourself than anyone I know. Don't let Alexander spoil that. Think of it like this, you are free of him. You may have a chosen."

"You'd let me?" Yoko asked. She knew the law. The law was that no supernatural could attempt to search for a chosen if they didn't run it through Killeso. The reason was that Killeso didn't want to risk a bad mate harming others.

"Of course, Yoko. You may begin search anytime you wish." He nodded, his eyes shining when Fayore blew him an approving kiss.

Yoko thought about it before nodding, "I'll search for them come next week. I'll start here and work my way towards traveling. Can we go back to the party, now? I saw some very appetizing popcorn shrimp in there. I also saw regular shrimp, lobster, crab-"

"She's definitely gonna be okay," Fayore giggled.

"Now that all that drama is over, let's finally enjoy the ball!" Yoko laughed before she ran to the large ball room, screaming about shrimp.

××××××××××××××××
Short, I know.

If you wish to understand how chosen mates work, look below:

Chosen mates - Chosen mates are somewhat rare, as mates are barely ever rejected. A chosen mate couple consists of two supernatural that have both rejected, or have been rejected, by their mate. A chosen mate does not immediately get a mate bond. Whatever your supernatural being or power is chooses your chosen mate, not the gods or goddesses. However, not all people may get a chosen mate. If you were the cause of the rejection, most times your power will reject the idea of appointing you a chosen as they refused to allow you to repeat the pain you've caused. Upon meeting a chosen, you will immediately feel a attraction. Sometimes physical, sometimes emotional. When it is a true chosen, a chosen that your power thinks is the most compatible out off all the chosens, you will feel both. That attraction let's you know that this is who your power chose for you. You may choose to ignore the attraction, as it is not as hard as a mate bond. Your power will usually pick another person after a couple months of you ignoring the bond. The more you are around the chosen, the more attached you get. Marking the chosen is sadly a painful process, as that is the gods and goddesses way of binding two souls that they didn't make for each other. After the mark, you will crave their presence at all times for about 3-5 days. After the presence crave, a mate bond will form and you are now mates with your chosen.

If you read that, good for you. It will DEFINITELY help you in the future.

Who do you think Yoko will choose as her chosen?

How would you feel if I had a side story, which would be the second book to the 'IDIOSYNCRATIC' serious?

There will be a calm part three. Or will there?

See yah.❤️