Chapter 42 × Awake

(Third Person's POV)

Killeso gasped in pure shock, his eyes immediately filling with tears as he looked into his mate's purple, only slightly opened eyes that had sleep gathering in the corners.

"Little Doll." He croaked out, his voice becoming heavy with emotion and relief.

Fayore opened her mouth to respond, but instead of words escaping, a harsh dry cough was heard. It soon clicked to Killeso that her mouth and throat would be dry.

The Lycan quickly looked around, knowing the doctor kept a bottle of water around Fayore. Finally spotting the purified water, he lifted the bottle to her hydrated lips, courtesy of Yoko putting chap stick on them every night before bed.

Fayore slowly drank, not having the energy to drink as fast as she wanted.

After more than half of the bottle was consumed by her, he took the bottle away from her slowly and smiled gently at her,

"Little Doll, I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry I let that happen to you." He sniffled, tears streaming down his face in regret.

The small, hybrid girl slowly lifted her hand, using all the strength she could muster as she winced as her arm cramped slightly from not being moved in so long.

"Oh, Daddy. It's okay. It's not your fault. This is not anyone but Gerald and Alexander's fault." She softly whispered, placing her hand gently on his rough, unshaven cheek.

Placing his hand over hers, he nuzzled into her gentle touch, "I'm so happy you're alive, Little Doll. I..I couldn't have gone on if you hadn't woken up."

"Hey," Fayore frowned slightly, "you would've had to keep living, okay? If not for the supernatural race or yourself, then for our baby."

Killeso smiled as he looked at her, hearing her say the words 'our baby' was music to his ears.

"Why are you cheesing?" She giggled, looking at him in confusion.

"Because," he grinned, staring into her eyes as he used his other hand to brush his thumb gently over her cheek, "you're just so beautiful. You are my happiness."

For twenty minutes straight, the couple sat there. They stared into each other's eyes with bright smiles on their faces as if nothing else in the world mattered. They were happy with just the fact that each other existed.

Sadly, their enchanting moment was broken when they heard the voices of Rossi and Bradley approaching the room.

"Bradley! Bradley! Get back here! I told you to come back later! It's not a good time!" Rossi said, frustration and panic evident in her voice.

"It's my daughter too, Rossi! You have no right to tell me when I can come see my daughter while she's on her deathbed!" He yelled back, his steps getting quicker towards the room.

In seconds, the door swung open to reveal Bradley standing at the door, his eyes immediately going angry as he saw Killeso there. Moments after, Rossi appeared behind him, her eyes instead falling on her daughter's now fully open bright purple eyes.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT COMING NEAR HER!" Bradley roared, his eyes going black as he speed walked to Killeso. Killeso instantly stood and moved feet away from Fayore, not wanting her to get hurt in case he had to defend himself.

Rossi ran to her daughter and sat beside her, holding her daughter's hand to her mouth as she pampered her child's knuckles with kisses.

"CAN'T WE ALL BE CIVIL AND-"

"SHUT UP FOR A MOMENT, ROSSI!" Bradley shouted, reeling his fist back to try to take a punch at the Head Powerful.

"Papa!" Fayore gasped, appalled that her father had spoken to her mother that way and was planning to hit her mate.