3. Rescue mission ✏

I spent some time exploring the house. I stumbled clumsily into the basement, tripped down the stairs and landed on my back.I swore under my breath and tried to get up which resulted in me groaning in pain. When I looked up two pairs of eyes were on me.

There were two girls dressed like prostitutes in tiny red dresses. Looking closely, I noticed that they had heavy chains binding them to the wall. I stood and slowly made my way to them, but they shrunk back in fear. I held up my hands in surrender and assured them that I would not hurt them, they were hesitant at first, but they allowed me to take off their chains .

There were bite marks on their necks, wrists, legs, thighs and who knows where else. They were so weak from the lost of blood that I had to help carry them up from the basement and made them sit next to the entrance.
" What are your names?" I asked. The one who looked the oldest introduce both of them.
" I'm Ezra, this is my sister Elle."

After that we talk for a bit. I found out Ezra was 17 and Elle was 16. As it turns out, the vampire that tried to rape me bought them. He said they were pretty and I quote 'delicious.'

One by one I help them get upstairs and made them comfortable on the couch while I l hunted the kitchen. There was no food, but I did find some painkillers that would help. I made my way back to the hall, only to find the two girls asleep. With the amount of blood they've lost, I would be surprised if they weren't tired.

I tried to wake them gently, so that I wouldn't startle them. After several amount of unsuccessful tries, let's just say I got annoyed and settled for another method. I went to the kitchen, took out two pots and started banging them together. The girls jumped up with a start. When they saw it was only me they calmed down a little.
" I'm sorry for scaring you," I told them. " You need to take this, it'll help with the pain." I gave them the painkillers and some water.

I went to the wooden table that had the vampire's ashes , and broke pieces of it. I grabbed the knife and started making my stakes. I finished making two steaks in record time. I cut two wholes at the back of my jeans to stick the stakes in. I hesitated at first but then decided to take the knife as well. It was around noon, so I had about five to six hours to get the humans who were still at the shop, away to safety.
" Girls, I have to leave for a while."
" You're leaving?" Ella asked, she looked at me In Fear.
" Yes, but don't worry okay, I'll be back before nightfall."

I opened all of the curtains and windows I could find, the house was consumed with golden light. I didn't want to leave them alone, unprotected, it's dangerous, but there is no way I'll be able to complete this rescue mission if I have to worry about them, this was the safest option. I got my things together and headed out.

I still had my collar on, so if anyone asked I'll say I'm running an errand for my master. There was no need to draw attention to myself.

First things first, I needed a ride.

Most of the cars had black tinted windows because they belonged to vampires, the windows help block out the Sun. The windows would actually work to my advantage because no one, not even Vampires will be able to see who's driving. Pets weren't supposed to drive, we were just supposed to act like dogs.

I went to one of the new model cars, opened the door and went in.

Vampires don't usually lock their doors because other vampires don't steal. Call it a truce among your friendly neighborhood vampire.

I didn't know if this would work, but I tried anyway, because why not?

I put both of my hands on the steering wheel and focus my mind on the car starting. Nothing happened. I tried again. I took a deep breath and focused my mind on the car starting and nothing else. To my surprise the engine gave a loud roar. So
I decided to drive off into the sunset, or in this case the nearest supermarket, I needed food.