12. Love 😍

"Are you sure you're all right?"

"Yes Ian." I groaned.

Ian, Luke and I left to find the spell that afternoon. Luke also read my diary...book, I meant to say book. To say he disagrees of my relationship with Ian is an understatement. His words exactly were, 'out of all the bloodsuckers on this planet it had to be him?'

I can handle Luke, it's Ian that's driving me insane. Since we left he's been trailing behind me like a lost puppy, afraid I'm going to faint or something due to blood loss. Even though he would never admit it I think he feels guilty for hurting me.

"You sure you don't feel faint or at least want to take a break?"

"No!" I attempted to walk away but he grabbed my arm to make me look at him.

"I can see it in your face that you're still weak. I know you and I know you hate showing weakness, at least let me carry you some of the way."

I shook my head, silently telling him no. I may be weak but there is no way I am letting him carry me anywhere...why am I being lifted up? I'm suddenly thrown over his shoulder.

"Put me down you half bred mule!" I screeched. He put one of his hands above my butt and the other was holding my legs down so I'd stop kicking him.

"I gave you a choice, unfortunately you chose the wrong one. Look on the bright side, at least you have a perfect view of my butt." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"It's not as nice as you think." I mumbled. "Ow! Did you just pinch me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Wrong comment." he said. "My ass is nicer than yours."

I couldn't help but let out a dramatic gasp. How dare he.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I recognize this Place." I said. "We're almost there."

"I know." Ian said, making me roll my eyes.

"I know you know, so can you please put me down already."

"No" he replied.

"but this position's starting to get really uncomfortable." I whined. He flipped me over so he was carrying bridal style.

"Is this better?"

"You too are annoying." Like grumbled. Ian opened his mouth to say something back to him that would've probably lead to a fight, but I beat him to it.

"We're here." I said cheerfully. Ian finally put me down and I stretched my legs. There was nothing left. The cottage was gone, no trace of it left. All could be seen were trees that made up the forest.

"Didn't you say there was a cottage here?" Luke asked.

"That was over two hundred years ago. Its only natural for changes to occur." I told him.

"Idiot." Ian mumbled.

"Okay, let's start digging!" I said with enthusiasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ian, I am not a baby!" I shouted.

I wanted to help with the digging. Luke brought a shovel for 'me', it was supposed to be my shovel.  Ian, however, stopped me just before I dug my first hole. He told me to sit down and let the men handle the shovelling. That didnt sit well with me, because ...well I'm me, so I refused.

After what felt like hours of arguing he finally gave up, or at least thats what I thought. One minute I'm about to dig my first hole and the next I'm sitting on the ground, ropes binded my legs and swirled all the way up my body, strapping my hands down at my sides.
I don't know how he got the ropes. All i know is that he was gone and came back in a flash. Stupid vamp speed.

"I gave you a choice and once again you chose the wrong one." I love him and all but I swear he makes my blood boil!

I couldn't remember exactly where I buried the box so ian and Luke had to dig different places in order to find it.

"I found something." Luke said, interrupting my thoughts. He held up the plain wooden box that I had buried all those years ago.

"Great, you found it, now let me go." I demanded.

"Say please."

"Ian." I warned. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, daring me to do something. "Luke!" I screamed, making him flinch. "Help me!"

Luke shook his head. "I am not getting in the middle of this."

I gave a heave sigh. "Please." I said tiredly.

"Please what?"

"Please untie me."

"Why don't you just use your powers?" Luke asked, genuinely curious.

"Because I'm still learning to control it and it drains my energy, something I don't have enough of."

"I think I'm just going to leave you tied up."

"Ian!"

"I'm joking, I'm joking." He laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We set up camp right where we found the box. Luke was making the fire.

I turned to Ian. "Are you hungry? You can have some." I pushed my wrist out to him. "I'm not weak anymore."

"I am not drinking from you." He looked offended.

"Then who are you going to feed off of?"

"Someone." He said nonchalantly.

"Ian, you are not killing anyone." I scowled.

"Fine." He sighed, disappointed, before I can stop him he blurred away. A couple of minutes later he blurred back in holding a cooler. "newly stocked blood bags." He told me.

"Wait, so earlier when you needed to feed off of someone why didn't rob a blood bank?"

"I did it for fun." He shrugged. "I like seeing humans scared."

I shook my head in disappointment.  Its like I don't even know him anymore.

I sat down on a log and pulled the box in front of me. Luke already had the fire started and was heating up some canned food for us. I took out the spell and my necklace.

"You kept that?" Ian sat next to me.

"Yeah. You gave this to me when we were forced to stay away from each other. It represented hope for me then and in some way it still does." I confessed. He threw an arm over my shoulder and brought me closer to him.

"Those were dark times. I don't want to think of what my life would be like if I lost you again." hE said as he kissed my head. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Ian?"

"Yes?"

"Before you knew it was me, when we first met you acted cold toward  everyone, but you showed me your soft side. Like when you covered me with the blanket. Why?"

"I don't know. Since the moment I met you I felt this weird connection, something I only felt with Isabel."

"Oh." I said. There was a short silence.

"Ian?"

"Mmm?"

"I love you." I confessed, feeling my heart race.

"I love you too." He said instantly, making my insides feel fluttery.

"Ahem!" Luke cleared his throat loudly, startling me, making me jump away from Ian in the process.

"Is there something you need,Luke." I glared.

"Yeah, sorry to interrupt your...ah...moment, but what's next? Where do we go from here?"

"To find some werewolves." I said.

"Werewolves?" He asked again, just to make sure he heard correctly."

"Werewolves." I confirmed.