18. Mate 😻

After a couple days of rest, we were prepared to leave. Twenty five warrior wolves were going with us and another twenty five will meet us there from one of Xander's allied packs. That's fifty in total. Going against Nathaniel, is a suicide mission, because forget about him being one of the oldest and purest vampires, he's already assembled an army, I know it.

However, Xander's warriors  don't need to fight for long, they just need to hold them off long enough for me to do the spell. As the Narnians  said , 'numbers don't win a war', let's hope they were right.

I said goodbye to Jeffrey, who was Xander's Beta, and made my way to Dominic. He struck out his hand and attempted to give me a handshake but I pulled him in f or  a hug instead.

"Come on." I said. "You don't even know if you'll see me again." When I said that Dominic relaxed and hugged me back.  We pulled away and he patted me awkwardly on the head.

"Attention." Xander said.  Everyone gathered outside. Xander stood on stage so that everyone can see him. "This is the last chance you have to back out." He did not raise his voice,  yet it was heard loud and clear among the crowd, demanding respect, radiating authority. "The odds are not in our favour. Those who wish to stay with your families, speak up now." OR forever hold your peace. I chanted in my head. I shook my head. This was not the time to be making silly jokes.

No one made attempt to move. I heard from the pack members that alot of warriors were killed, but those who were still alive fought furiously to protect their pack.

Women and children came to bid us farewell. Eve made alot of different foods, of course she had help from other women.

Girls were hanging off of Xavier left and right,  telling him how brave he was and giving him good bye kisses on his lips, typical, not he minded.

A little girl, who looked around Sarah's age, walked up to Ian and offered him a flower. Her friends were a fair way behind her, cowering back. All the vampires who they've seen or heard about were evil, so t he y weren't sure about Ian .

Ian looked at me in confusion. I raised my brows. If he refuses her I'll kill him. He seemed to get the message because he gave her a small smile and took the flower. Only a few seconds later, Ian was surrounded by a crowd of little girls, all pushing gifts in his face. Poor Ian, he looked so scared.  I mentally laughed at him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

We've been travelling for four days now.  Xavier and I treated this whole thing like a vacation. We would sing songs,  occasionally nursery rhymes, when we were hiking during the day, and at nights we would roast Marshmallows (I don't know where Eve got them from). 

We're almost at our destination.  When we get close, well need to camp and wait until the moon is at its brightest. By then, the purebloods are going to be waiting for us , to stop me.

It was late afternoon , the wind was getting cooler and the sun was almost gone.  I had better control of my powers now, with the help of Jerome of course.

We were setting up camp, I made t he fire and was getting the canned foods. Xavier started acting strange .

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. He came over to me and started sniffing me. I screwed up my face and muttered a small 'ew' 
"Please stop sniffing me."

Ian pulled me away from Xavier,  who was still sniffing the air. I guess I was standing in front of whatever he was smelling.

Xavier walked into t he dark forest as if he were in some kind of trance. Xander, Luke,  Ian,  and I,  followed,  after telling everyone else to stay at the camp. After a good distance away from our camp, he suddenly stopped. We heard noises and hid behind a fallen tree. There were three burly men holding a girl captive.

"Rogues." Xander whispered.

The girl looked about my age. Her dark hair was messy, her clothes were torn at certain parts and she looked horrified.

Xavier let out a loud, terrifying growl.  "Mine!"