20. New Plan 📝

"Isabel, it's been a while ." Vernon sneered . His face close to mine.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked annoyed.

"That little book that you write down you're  most precious thoughts and feelings . I believe it's called a diary."

"It's not a diary." Why does everyone think its a diary? All I wrote in.it were my memories ....and how I felt ....and my thoughts ....and how to make things better. "Alright, you know who I am. What do you want ?" I hissed.  "And do you mind getting off me?"

"What I want is the spell and since you've probably memorized it by now, I shall be taking you to the others and we will have a joyous time of killing you very slowly." He said cheerfully, well, as cheerful as Vernon could get. He kinda has this thing where he is always pissed off at life. He got off me and pulled me up roughly by my arm.

"Wait. can't we talk about this?" I asked pathetically.

"No."

"I'll scream." I threatened . "Everyone in that camp has heightened hearing."

"You really think that one vampire and a few dogs can stop me ? Besides, I do not think you would Like to see your beloved killed in the gruesomest of ways, in front of you, would you ?"

I hate to admit it but he was right. He would.be able to kill Ian, Luke and Xander's pack . If he takes me to the others then its game over.  I can't let that happen . Too many people are counting on me.

It felt like we've walked for.twenty maybe thirty minutes. I needed something to bargain with . If I remembered correctly, Vernon wasn't like the rest of those Power hungry maniacs. It's true that he has the shortest temper and it's true that he killed me but I am not the type to hold grudges.

"Vernon?"

"What?" He snapped. He still had a tight.grip.on.my arm.

"If you're not.doing this for power then why are you doing this ?" I tried my luck.

"Who says I don't want power?" He actually sounded curious. So I continued.

"I do. Ruling humanity and all that ...that's not you."

"How would you know? You have never met me before the day I pulled your heart from.your chest." I think that was a warning to.back off the subject but I couldn't . I've come too far to back down now.

"I've heard rumours."

"And you believed them? Stop trying to make me better than I am."

I stopped talking. Trying to think of what else to say. A memory from a long time ago flashed through my mind. A memory I could.use to my advantage .

"you're doing this because you hate humans." I stated.

"Yes, I despise you filthy things." He said simply.

"But that's not all. You want to end humanity because you think they are responsible for the death of your wife and child."

"Congratulations on figuring out my purpose ." He dropped my arm. His eyes turned a deep shade of red. Breathing was ragged. He was angry. He took a couple of steps forward, his back to me.  When he got his breathing under control he turned back to me, eyes hard and rageful.

"We lived peacefully, never hurt anyone. All we wanted was a normal life! Just because we were different..." he trailed off. "Just because...what did my nine month old.child do to deserve...?" He took a deep breath and continued. "They slaughtered my wife and child. They showed no mercy so neither will I!  Humanity will.burn!"

"But they didn't kill your wife and child." I interrupted .

"What do you know about the murder of my family ?"

"The memory isn't quite clear.but all I remember is that Nathaniel is the one that killed.them ."

"Do.not lie, not about this."

"I'm not, I swear. You know Nathaniel has this weird obsession of keeping something, some.kind of remnant from.his.victims.  I guarantee you'll find something.of your.wife's and child's."

"How do.I know this isn't a distraction so you can escape?"

"You don't. you'll just have to trust that I won't run." I said. He analysed me for a moment.

"I won't be gone long. If I come.back and you are not here I will kill everyone at that camp and make you watch." With that, he sped off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

True to his word, he was gone only for a little while.

"You were right." His voice was hoarse.  "He killed them."

I saw something I thought I would never see in Vernon , or any pureblood for that matter, vulnerability. It lasted a little while though. His dark orbs was filled with unspeakable rage .

"I want him dead."

"Then help us." I suggested.

He turned to face me . "How? The spell that you have will exterminate all purebloods, me.included.

"Not if I do a counter spell. Exclude you from the original one . But for that I'll need your blood."

"Fine."

"Fine? You don't even know if this is a trap."

"It doesn't matter." He said. "I have nothing left to live for except revenge."

Aww. Poor Vernon . I never thought I'd have sympathy for the vampire that killed me.

He gave me his blood in a little glass.bottle. I don't know where he got the bottle from. He just blurred away and then blurred back with it.

"Is there.anything else.you require?" He asked.me.

"Actually, I need a favour." I said , nervously.  "There is this girl that has nothing to do with all of this . she's a werewolf, the mate of the Alpha's son.actually. Rogues had her and tortured her, she doesn't even want to go near her mate. She doesn't even know what a mate is. She..."

"Does your rant have a point ?" Vernon snapped impatiently . See what I mean by short tempered ?

"I was wondering of you could take her back to Xander's pack. I assume you know where it is because you've been stalking me."

"No." He said.

"No?"

"That is what I said, no."

"Why not?" I all but whined .

"because, one: it is a long way to go and I'm simply too lazy. Two: she is not my problem. And three: I am too busy planning Nathaniel's death in my head , detail by detail ." Okay, creepy. He even added a sick smile at.the end. He turned to leave but I grabbed his sleeve. I expected him to pull.away, beat me.up or even bite me, but he waited for me to continue.

"Even if I sent her back with Ian, he would never make it to there and back in time. We can't afford to send back one of.the wolves because it'll be the same problem. You are a Pureblood, you're way faster . Please Vernon, she's innocent. I don't want.her.caught up in all this."  I begged.  He looked at me for a while and then turned and walked away.  Just when I lost hope, he turned back.

"Are you coming?"

My eyes brightened, and I skipped toward him, together we made our way back.