6. Memories 😭

At direct midnight twins were born. Isabel and Jerome. They weren't just any twins, though. This twin was special. This twin came from a long line of witches

Growing up, the twins were inseparable. They played, talked, laughed and practiced their magic together.

Even though they came from the same parents, Isabel was blessed with even greater magic than Jerome. This was because she was the first girl to be born after several generations. Both parents were witches, but the father's side was cursed a long time ago to only bear males. The bearing of a girl was news to celebrate because it proved that the curse was broken.

Even though Isabel had more power than Jerome, there was no jealousy between them.

Jerome, however, was worried about his sister. There were times where Isabel couldn't control her powers. Her body couldn't contain that much amount of power. She would constantly faint or have over bearing migraines, up until the point where it was so bad that she ended up fighting for her life.

Isabel's parents found a witch that could help them. The witch put a kind of lock on her powers, limiting them temporarily. She could only access the full force of her powers if she really needed it, which her parents and brother hoped that she didn't.

The rest of her childhood progressed normally. Isabel was well aware of all the other supernatural creatures out there, including vampires.

No one liked vampires. Not witches, werewolves, or any other peaceful creatures. Vampires would be accepted in society but most of them choose to kill people, that was where the enmity came in.

A few vampires who worked for the purebloods moved to town. Everyone, even humans who didn't know that vampires exist, knew not to go near them.

The vampires had a big mansion that sat at the edge of town. The gates were always closed and they never showed their faces in town.

They had an agreement with the witches. If anyone steps foot on their land, the vampires have all rights to kill them. In return, the vampires were not allowed to kill people form the town. So, the witches tried their best to everyone, especially the oblivious humans, away.

Isabel had heard stories of vampires but had never actually seen one, nor did she want to.

One day, however, Isabel was walking close to the masion, it was a shortcut to her home. She stopped abruptly when she saw a human boy, who couldn't be more than seven, wander into the yard of the forbidden mansion.

Two vampires appeared before the child and were closing in on him. She walked into the yard and stopped them. She made a deal with them. If they let the child go, she would take his punishment. The vampires agreed. She held her head high and welcomed death.

Death did not arrive. Instead, a third vampire did. He held authority above the other two. He told her to leave and never come back. Much to her surprise. He wasn't threatening or scary. If it wasn't for the fact that witches could sense vampires, she would've definitely mistaken him for a nice human man.

*************************

At home, she chose not to tell her family about what happened, they would only worry. But she just couldn't get her mind off of the vampire who saved her life. He seemed....different. She new better than to trust appearances, they were all the same blood thirty demons, no matter how handsome he was.

The next afternoon, Isabel was at the market, running an errand. The sun was already down, she was walking home when she came face to face with him, the vampire that has been occupying her thoughts.